Paid a full month stay, place has broken thinks, worst, exhusband of host coming and going after midnight, loud talk, can't sleep. Gross host not polite.

Oscar711
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

Paid a full month stay, place has broken thinks, worst, exhusband of host coming and going after midnight, loud talk, can't sleep. Gross host not polite.

It's been 3 days of airbnb customer support following the book and not resolving my issues. I had to sleep in my car last night (Monday night). I sent pictures of blinds broken, dirty fan, closed without one door, but everything got worst when host's exhusband who lives in the back of this weird place stays after midnight watching TV, news and talking loud with brother about news. Unexpected visitors coming after 1:30am to use bathrooms, talk loud and leaving 15 min later. I contacted Airbnb and was expecting a quick resolutions, but so far, they focus in the host changing the blinds and fixing the door. very dissapointed with customer service. Please advise me on what to do. I need a relocation or money refund to find me a place tonight. Help asap.

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Oscar711 

You can inform the the host about the issues and ask for solution

If no result:
You can shorten (host must agree) or cancel (Any refund depends on cancellation policy, which is probably "long term stay" ?) the reservation to get out asap.

Or keep contacting Airbnb to find a solution (but as you experienced it is a hard way)

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I tried twice with host but was aggressive and insulting. then contacted AirBnB with no luch since every rep passed me to the next one upon shift end. I read policy and it says long stay will discount 1 month of rent which is my total stay, 1 month. I requested refund and host denied it.

I appreciate it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Contact Airbnb  via their social media tell them you feel unsafe as the host is aggressive and letting multiple visitors use the property who aren’t paying guests during Covid @Oscar711 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Oscar711 

An aggressive and insulting host must be reported to Airbnb. Contact Airbnb again (try twitter: account AirbnbHelp) and report feeling unsafe as @Helen3 states and that you have to sleep in your car.

Regarding change:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/how-do-changes-and-cancellations-work-for-longterm-reservat...

Try to sent a change to end reservation next day, as there are bugs into the change form and maybe(!)  some refund will be calculated.

Thank you very much all for the information. I will follow your advise. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Oscar711,

I have checked on your case internally and I can see that a resolution has been given to it. Can you please update us if you still need help with this issue? I hope everything is ok.

Best,

Liv

I am not happy with the resolution but I accepted the only 50% refund, for my peace of mind. After spending 2 horrible nights out of a whole month I paid for in that place, I was expecting at least 80% refund and an apology. That's why I will be cancelling my account with AirBnb and will never use that service again. I will find an alternative that will care of their guests as expected. It was a lame decision made for very unprofessional customer service ignoring all the unacceptable facts from a terrible host that in previous times would have not been considered to be part of Airbnb.