Paying my remaining balance

Aida43
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Paying my remaining balance

Hi there -

I booked a cabin in Big Bear and it required a deposit to book the cabin.  I now need to pay the balance, but have no idea where to go to do that.  The cabin shows booked, and it shows how much I paid, and balance due, but no where does it show to pay balance.  I need to pay the balance by tomorrow or I will lose my reservation.  There isn't a number I can call to ask questions either. 

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Michelle 

166 Replies 166

I know it is frustrating I want to pay my balance in full now rather waiting til August but I can’t find the option to pay it in advance! So crazy. When I book through HouseTrip.com they have the option to pay the balance in advance at anytime so you have peace of mind. It’s so easy they have a ‘pay now option’. Don’t know why Airbnb can’t have this option

Michael2975
Level 1
Elmhurst, IL

@Aida43 go to your trip itinerary --> scroll down to payment --> click on "get reciepts and manage payments"

Noel109
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

Hi There, I am in exactly the same position. I booked and paid 55% of the holiday invoice but I now can't find where to send the balance. I have emailed Airbnb three times today and up to now I have received nothing. If i loose my reservation for late payment ( plus the cost of flights plus car hire etc ) where do I go with my problems getting compensation etc. Im not happy.

Noel. Galway Ireland

Hi Noel, go to the Trip Itinerary, then click "Get receipts and manage payments" then click "Update payment details" then select "Pay ahead of schedule: Now" - job done 🙂

This worked with one of my bookings,  but the option to 'Pay Now' was not available for a second place.  I wonder if it's host specific?

Cel3
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi I pay for the half of my reservation, and I have to pay the second payment or I will loose my reservation before my due date this May 29. I contact the host and they got no idea how I’m gonna supposed to pay? Can you help me on this. An efficient response is so much appreciated.

Cel Pedragoza

Archie16
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

This also drove me mad as I could not find a place to view my outstanding balances with due dates and a way to pay now BUT then I figured it out by accident as it is a bit obscure.

Do the following:

1) Click "TRIPS" on the main page top menu 

2) Then click the "Show trip details" link underneath the picture of the place will be staying

3) On the "Trip Overview" screen - click on the picture of the place (directly above the "contact host" button)

4) A "You Reservation details" window will open - finally click "Payment & receipts

And that is it but not at all straight forward to me....

Thanks for help 

payment sorted 

I srsly don't get it 😕 
I follow the steps, but don't see a "payment & receipts", only a "get receipt" under total cost, where I can't pay early or anything... maybe because I paid through paypal and not with credit card?

David4123
Level 1
Barooga, Australia

The above post is right. 

This is also how I found it. Once you make your first payment you get a receipt. And then your second payment should come out automatically about 2 weeks before you arrive. But check this first. 

To pay in advance, please follow the steps below. 
1. Go to the Trip overview
2. Click on the penthouse picture, which should take you to the itinerary page/home reservation. 
3. Scroll down and click the "Get receipts and manage payments"

4. Then click "Update payment details" 
5. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"

AIR BNB if you are watching. You are not keeping things simple. You need a big tap explaining what to do. 

in the above i meant - TAB. 

This has finally been updated!!! YES!!!

I only see a "get receipt", where I can't change or pay ahead anyting... maybe because I paid through paypal 😕

I had this same problem viewing through my phone app, but if you log in to the air bnb website, you are also able to manage payments in the same section as get receipts. Seems the app has limited features

Did you get an updated receipt for your 2nd payment as I did this but the receipt hasn't updated showing the final payment Thanks?