Paying my remaining balance

Aida43
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Paying my remaining balance

Hi there -

I booked a cabin in Big Bear and it required a deposit to book the cabin.  I now need to pay the balance, but have no idea where to go to do that.  The cabin shows booked, and it shows how much I paid, and balance due, but no where does it show to pay balance.  I need to pay the balance by tomorrow or I will lose my reservation.  There isn't a number I can call to ask questions either. 

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Michelle 

166 Replies 166
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Aida43, if you booked via AirBnB, you should have paid for the reservation in full at the time you made the reservation.

There is no concept of "paying the balance".

Are you sure this was an AirBnB booking?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Matthew285

Its now possible to pay a deposit and the balance later

pay-less-upfront-terms

@Jeff158, thank you for this information!

This is why I love using this discussion board; I learn new things all the time!

I had no idea this was a thing.

FYI - I was told that 2 -3 days before my payment due date, I would get an email letting me know payment is due with a link to pay the balance.  

Thank you for the reply!

Christine1480
Level 1
Diego Martin, Trinidad and Tobago

Did you receive an email?
Constantin27
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi i see you have a same problem with me i book on airbnb but i can't see to paid rest the mail you receive automatic?

Yes, it was Airbnb.  My payment details shows a balance.  I even contacted the host and she referred back to Airbnb.  I'm worried about losing my reservation for not paying the remaining balance.  My credit was only charged half the total.  

I have the absolute same problem and my balance is due today. The house manager keeps referring me back to air bnb for payment and there’s no option to pay it off. I will refer to some of the comments you get. 

You're completely wrong. Airbnb accepts partial payment at first. 

AirBNB does accept partial payment. I've done it as well.

Yes it does, actually.

How did you pay the balance 

To pay in advance, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Trip overview
2. Click on the penthouse picture, which should take you to the itinerary page/home reservation.
3. Scroll down and click the "Get receipts and manage payments"

4. Then click "Update payment details"
5. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"