Payment Unsuccessful Notice from Airbnb- Next steps?

Answered!
Kathryn207
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Payment Unsuccessful Notice from Airbnb- Next steps?

Hello!

I'm reaching out for help regarding a unique hosting situation.  I received a notice from Airbnb stating that the payment request has been unsuccessful with an upcoming guest.  I've had some red flags from messaging the guest which is making me a little uncomfortable now that I've received this notice from Airbnb.  

The email says I can cancel the reservation without penalty but I just want to make sure it won't hurt my host status since I've had a great report so far and this is the first guest I've had where it's been rather difficult with the reservation. 

Advice or suggestions much appreciated. 

Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I can understand your paranoia so it might be best to call Air BNB and have the CS rep do the cancellation on your behalf.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I can understand your paranoia so it might be best to call Air BNB and have the CS rep do the cancellation on your behalf.

Thank you!  I wasn't sure if this was an option or not.  I appreciate it. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Call AirBnB and have them do the cancelling DO NOT do it yourself. 

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Carol590
Level 2
Pavia, Italy

I am an host (co-host with my partner) and we have not been payed since our apartment was listed (2 weeks- guests almost every day). I have called the customer service approximately 20 times every day- no one helped. They just say someone will call back and NO ONE DOES. I am totally DISGUSTED by this behaviour from Airbnb. Stealing customer's money without explanation and just lying when enquired. Could please someone help me? Any suggestions?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Carol590 since you are new hosts it can take up to 30 days for your first payment to be sent. It is written in the rules. And after that they send the money 24 hours after check-in and you get them in 2-5 working days. They are not stealing for sure, payment are always sent, they might be delayed but never unpaid.

Carol590
Level 2
Pavia, Italy

Thank you for you answer. However, if so why it is not written in the contract I just signed? Why the custumer service has not told me anything about that, but they just say that they  have no idea why it happens and that someone will come back to me (of course no one ever does).  If this is the case and someone from the costumer service would tell me (I called them approximately 20 times a day) I would be certainly releived. Also, I am co-host, my partner is host. This is a new listing but he has been host for 4 years now- not sure how this rule applies to 4 years hosts. It is their duty to inform their custumers I believe. Totally speechless, worst experience in my life. I am just sorry I will have to cancel the bookings from airbnb as it does not seem fair towards my guests...

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Carol590 You had to sign a contract?With who? 

Carol590
Level 2
Pavia, Italy

I meant the agreement regarding the rules - we agreed to

Carol590
Level 2
Pavia, Italy

we received yesterday a payment of 50 pounds that actually relate to nothing. Again- called the customer service and they know nothing. that makes everything more scary and confusing. really very disgusted, especially when we have a small baby and we count on those money for our everyday life. Shame on Airbnb