Payment discrepancy

Patricia1073
Level 1
Marikina, Philippines

Payment discrepancy

Hi,

I'm a new user from the Philippines. Unfortunately, the payment/ pricing of airbnb confuses me. It stated on the billing receipt, that I only get to pay 3,373.73 pesos (roughly 66usd). But when I got the confirmation email from Airbnb, the payment changed. It became 4,817 pesos (93usd). I already asked some of my friends if they experienced this situation, and they told me that the billing statement & the confirmation email they received in their past trips have the same rates. 

Can someone enlighten me if this is normal or not. Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Sue459
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am also a new host.  On the map showing airbnb's in our area we are tagged at £22. When payment detail came through the price per night was £17.38. Added to that was the 'New host' special discount of £44 so our first guest is paying £12.50 a night!!

Judith286
Level 1
Woodford, Australia

I had the same problem - 

I recently stayed for two nights in an Airbnb in NSW Australia and paid by Paypal.  Paypal took $196.17.  When I looked at my bank statement the money taken out was $267.89.  I rang Airbnb and they told me it was because I had US dollars in my settings - which by the way I never put in myself - it is a default setting by Airbnb. It came as a complete surprise to find that I had paid 30% more.  I was really upset and contacted Airbnb.  The only help they gave me was to offer me $25 to use in some future Airbnb.  As I am not that computer literate I did not think to completely check their defaults.  You would think that because I went to an Australian website and booked an Australian Airbnb I would be safe from this kind of really nasty experience.  Airbnb completely unhelpful and told me to contact the Bank.  Good luck with that - not the banks fault if Airbnb have $US as their default.  I am really pissed off with Airbnb.

Why so many problem in Airbnb ? really surprise to me.