Payment from Guest?

Dale26
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Payment from Guest?

Hello

I'm a host in Bangkok for over a years now, lately in the past 3 month one or two of my guest reservation payout were delay and I have to call Airbnb up to explain to them what happen and what they do is they normally fix it somehow by passing my complaint to correction department and less than a week I got my payment (This happen every month 1-2 late payout need to be sort). 

However the latest reservation from one of my guest she finish her trip with me 2 weeks ago. I made a call to the Airbnb callcenter as usual hoping that they would fix it as before turnout the problem occure because particular guest bank account has insufficient fund? 

Airbnb operator told me that they will contact the guest again inform them about the issue... 

I was wondering that normally the process should be

1. Guest finish booking the room

2.Airbnb took out money from guest Bank

3. Airbnb kept the money until the trip is finish and start pay out to the host 

I also got a complaint from one of my guest coming to stay with me end of this August say she still havnt paid for the booking and was wondering when Airbnb will take her money?

Is this normal and what would happen if Airbnb cannot contact guest or guest does not reply, response.

I'm sorry for such a long text and wondering anyone have the same problem with me?

Thank you

22 Replies 22
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

strange ... i normally get the monies in the bank account within 2 or 3 working days after guest arrival

Merrian0
Level 1
Perth, Australia

I've had the same problem with the last guest. Usually airbnb pay out withing a week of guest arriving. That has not happened, and the guest informed me they had paid airbnb but airbnb have not paid me yet.

Lorenzo136
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

I had the same problem, and just received this message from AIRBNB:

"The attempt to charge your guest, XXX, for the amount due for reservation XYZ from XXJuly, 2017 - XX July, 2017 was unsuccessful. The reservation is still active at this time, and we've sent XXX an email alert with a direct way to pay the balance.

If your guest successfully submits payment, we'll send you a confirmation email right away. If you have questions about the payment problem, you can reach out to your guest.
If your guest doesn't successfully submit payment or if they cancel the reservation before making the payment, Airbnb isn't liable for issuing your host payout. If you prefer to cancel the reservation, you can cancel without penalty  at any time before the trip begins. If the reservation has started and you'd like to cancel, please send us a note.
We appreciate your understanding."

I think this is ridiculous, this means all the guest can book without pay! Have someone experience on it?!

Yes, I am not at all happy about delayed Pmts.   They are supposed to collect Pmt. as soon as guest books and pay Host a day or two after check-in, has been the norm.  Delaying Pmt to Host longer than that is unacceptable.  I called this AM about Pmt. not received.  Guest checked out yesterday.  Called today about Pmt. and was told she would pass it on to the Dept that handles this, and someone would e-mail me to resolve.  Really, no one to talk to!

First, I had problem with the reservation to began with and called Aiirbnb to help resolve a problem.  Get normal "hello SuperHost, someone will be right with you.".  Was on hold for a HOUR and no one answered.  Called two other lines, same thing.  I resolved the issue myself with a little creativity considered that my guest did not speak English.  But now, no payment!

What is going on with this Company?  They need to take care of their Host that have made them superstars and lots of $$$$$.

Well, behold I received my payment today. 🙂  

We had a guest check out on August 15 and have still not been paid. We have spent hours on the phone and emailed about 8 times... the same answer .. they have passed it on to another department. The money is showing in my transaction history but has not been released .

I felt the same Lorenzo,

Feels like lately Airbnb does not take the money from the guest rightaway as they used to in the past?

I am having that issue now. She moved out and left me without paying for the next month along with eating service charges and cleaning fee.  The bedroom carpet will have to be cleaned.  She also managed to wipe out my internet (reset the router not the modem) which cost me $90 to get restored.  I am so frustrated!

Bianca90
Level 1
Horw, Switzerland

Hi there,

A guest is saying they do not have e banking so they cannot complete the deal - is this true or can they proceed another way in order to make payment for a booking in 11 months ?

Thanks

Chris 

Guest must supply Airbnb a credit card or debit card to do billing and collect all fee's.  Host are not allowed to collect cash when booking through Airbnb.  If this guest doesn't want to book for 11 months, then they have plenty of time to set up a card for billing.  These requirement are pretty common say for Car Rentals.  I would never book out that far in advance.  

Dale26
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

So far the payment is still struck in future transaction with an additional of  

[Personal information hidden]
Seriously I start to get used to late payout (which I should not to) but no pay at all is just ridicoulous just because the guest does not have money and Airbnb system somehow let them finish the booking is really none of my concern or any other host around the world.in the box below the problem guet, which I have no idea what this suppose to mean. I guess will give them a call again tomorrow if nothing happen.

Nicole104
Level 2
New York, NY

I had this problem with my latest guest and received that standardized email that they were having trouble collecting payment. I talked with my guest about it, and then received an email a day later that it was resolved.

However, a week went by after my payment was supposed to be released and it was still pending. I got the runaround with calling Airbnb....no one had any answers. I was put on hold for 30 minutes and then finally told that someone was going to call me within the hour. No one called.

I eventually got the payout (2 weeks after it was scheduled to be released), but there was ZERO communication on Airbnb's end. I just kept receiving canned response emails to all of my replies.

Is anyone else as frustrated with Airbnb as I am at the moment? It's almost not worth using them anymore.

Same situation here Nicole, 

They should've stick with their old process of collecting the payment rightaway once guest finish the booking. Can't imagine how those who got it worst than us going to feel when they can't even get a proper response from Airbnb side.

True but what about the other compays what issues do they have

My guest booked one and 3 showed up informed him he paid fr one guest been talking with Air 4 days and they have done thnothig its always a shift change. I asked them to to the guest to leave early and they didnt