Payment plan for muy guest.

Kris45
Level 1
Cottonwood Falls, KS

Payment plan for muy guest.

I have a guest renting my propert for a week 6 months from now.  The property is very expensive and the guest has asked about a payment plan.  is there a way to have them pay part now at booking and the balance later?

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

There is not.

Airbnb works much like buying an airline ticket - total payment up front.  The host will be paid with a couple days of the guest checking in.

I am in the same situation.  My property is weekly and monthly rentals and high price point because of the seasonality.  People often book up to a year in advance.  It is very unlikely that someone would pay in full up front for this type of situation.  Airbnb needs to change their system if they want to attract longer term and higher price point rentals.  I went through the whole listing process before realizing this.  What a dissapointment and waste of time!!

Greg

If guests are booking for longer than a month, only the first month will be charged initially with the subsequent month(s) being deducted in the following month(s).

Dee33
Level 10
Reston, VA

The only way I know of to get around this, is to break the reservation into two separate ones of three and four days. Have them book the first part and pay now. Manually block the remaining dates on your calendar until such time as you require them to pay the second part. Then send them a special offer for the remaining days of the week.

If you do it this way, the weekly discount will not be applied, so you will have to do a special offer to get the numbers correct. Also note that your ability to recoup on cancellation policies can be negatively affected by having two separate start dates.