Payment receipt language

Benedikt25
Level 4
Nuremberg, Germany

Payment receipt language

Hello,

I'm facing the problem that I need a payment receipt (for a stay in the US) in English language but parts of the generated PDF always end up in German language.

On the bottom of the Airbnb webpage my language preference is set to English, default currency is USD, and everything on the webpage is displaying in English. Are there any other language settings to be changed in order to obtain the receipt in English language?

Thanks for your help.

35 Replies 35
Steven656
Level 1
Selangor, Malaysia

I'm having the same problem: booking confirmed in one language, then the receipt will be forever in that language regardless of the current language set, @Airbnb2 please look into this

I also had the same problem and change the receipt language from German to English with this tool https://airbnbase.com/receipt-language-converter/

Bo55
Level 1
Gräfelfing, Germany

Same problem here. The language of receipts in PDF does not change regardless of the profile language setting.

Alisa60
Level 2
Kharkiv, Ukraine

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? 

Mirelle--Leonardo-and-Al0
Level 1
Enghien-les-Bains, France

I have also the same problem. No one from @Airbnb2 will take this issue on charge? It was a professional trip and my employer do not understand portuguese to refund me.

Oleksii13
Level 1
Luxemburg City, Luxembourg

The same is here. I've never had this problem before but now...

Am having the same thing, i downloaded the receipt like 30 times and nothing changed! 

Florent84
Level 2
Hernani, Spain

Same problem here, this is really annoying

Hwlamin0
Level 1
Bryan, TX

Same problem.

Dear person in charge of developing web page or management in Aribnb, this is a serious issue. A growing number of people who use different languages use Airbnb instead of a hotel for their professional trip. Of course, most people initially set up the mother language for daily use to search and make a reservation. But, many foreign students and workers work in American companies and University, or anyplace where English is needed. When they need to submit their receipt to be reimbursed or prove their trip, they need English version receipt. But, if English is not printed even when they changed the language on the homepage, it would be embarrassing.  Please address this issue as soon as possible.

Zeynep13
Level 1
Boston, MA

This is the answer that AirbnbHelp Twitter account gave me (My receipt is in Turkish even though I changed the language of my account into English):

"If the preferred language of your Airbnb account was Turkish when the receipt was generated and sent out, then your receipt will appear in Turkish. If you changed your preferred language to English after your receipt was sent to you, we would not be able to change the language on your receipt to send a new English receipt. As your preferred language is now English, all future receipts will be sent to you in English. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience."

It is extremely annoying that they are not helpful at all.

Margarita267
Level 2
Jyväskylä, Finland

Same here. My preferred account language is English, but the receipt is still in Russian. Somehow, the help center is not replying to my request. That is a very upsetting situation. 

In the end, the problem was solved with an email request to Air B'nB help center. The manager sent an English version as an attachment. Manager Iryna, many thanks! 🙂

Vasilis34
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Same problem here!!!!

Olga617
Level 1
Riga, Latvia

Exactly the same problem here. Dear Airbnb, could you please solve this somehow. Would be much appreciated.