Payment with Debit Cards in Malaysia

Junior43
Level 1
Labuan, Malaysia

Payment with Debit Cards in Malaysia

Hello people,

So I am trying to pay Airbnb for a few nights stay. But i cannot seem to pay with Debit cards. The only payment method available is via credit card which I do not own. Any solution to this issue? 

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Junior43,

Usually the only payment options are the ones listed when you specify your country while adding a payment option. If you don't have any of the options available you could try contacting Airbnb support to see if they can help.

For information on ways to contact support type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Md-Mizanur0
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dear Junior

You could contact Airbnb Malaysia support. The contactail are as follows:

Tel: +603-77240164

Tolfree: 1-800-88-9814

Thank you

Regards

Mizanur

Yang132
Level 2
Sarawak, Malaysia

Yes, I am facing this problem as well. Guess you only can "borrow" a credit card from someone to complete the booking. I don't understand why they still include debit/credit card option from the drop down menu since only credit card is allowed. I only know it until the host reminded me. How inconvenient is that! 

Hani3179
Level 1
Kulim, Malaysia

Hi, I faced the same issue. I chatted Airbnb support about this. The person told me that unless our debit card can also function as credit card, it is not an accepted payment method. So I paid using GPay instead because I have no other options than credit or debit card.