Payment

Answered!
Patty5
Level 2
North Curl Curl, Australia

Payment

AIRBNB only paying part of guest fee due long term stay.

I am very bewildered but I have a guest staying 39days which suits me beautifully and AIRBNB have been promoting long stays.  However for a long stay Airbnb will not pay  the full host payout for 39 days. They only release a certain amount then the rest towards the end of the guest's stay.

This is totally illogical?  Airbnb accept full payment from the guest once their booking has been confirmed by the host.  So they keep the full amount then dish out to the host the balance in two part payments.  My argument is quid quo pro, if they take full payment then the host's pay out should be full amount too.

I don't know where to go on Airbnb to speak to someone about this, any comments or suggestions please.
Patty

1 Best Answer

@Patty5 , I've had a guest who stayed over a month and Airbnb did 2 payouts - one 24hrs after the guest checked in and the other at the end of the first month.  It was my first long stay booking and my guest was great but after that I lowered the length of time for guests stays because the downside and potential loss of income is if the guest doesn't pay the balance of money, as @Mike-And-Jane0  says.  Hopefully, that won't be the case for you but you may want to consider if hosting long stays is worth it.  

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi @Patty5 ,

Sorry, I havent any expirience in long term stays but as far as I know also the Guest hasnt pay the full amount in the beginning... but anyway, you are here in the German CC so may @Anna  or @Juliane  can shift you to the English CC to get help or informations....

Regards, Sabine

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Patty5 If you are going to complain then you should at least get your facts right. Airbnb are very clear they take the first months rent for a long term stay and then collect the next months at the end of the first month. In your case the remaining days will be paid at the start of the next month.

So Airbnb are not holding on to the guests money.

You should be more worried in case the guest doesn't pay the remainder of the money and/or that you have inadvertently created a tenancy.

@Patty5 , I've had a guest who stayed over a month and Airbnb did 2 payouts - one 24hrs after the guest checked in and the other at the end of the first month.  It was my first long stay booking and my guest was great but after that I lowered the length of time for guests stays because the downside and potential loss of income is if the guest doesn't pay the balance of money, as @Mike-And-Jane0  says.  Hopefully, that won't be the case for you but you may want to consider if hosting long stays is worth it.  

Denise1416
Level 2
Middle Sackville, Canada

That is normal practice for Airbnb.  But I thought the guest paid the full amount up front.  Is that not correct?  Anyone know?

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Patty5
Level 2
North Curl Curl, Australia

Thank you everyone for your input.

Yes Airbnb school would be a great idea!

However, I managed to speak with someone from Airbnb who explained that 28 days or more is classified as long term stay and Airbnb hold guest's credit details as security then release the 2nd installment the next month.

My concern is that the guest may not have sufficient funds to cover the 2nd installment!  

However, this is my first long stay and will see how it goes, but not sure if I will participate again (just in case)!

thanks Patty

Is anybody else not getting their payments at the moment. I changed my card months ago which they acknowledged and then they sent it to the old card and  despite me fixing again at my end, I now have 3 outstanding payments which have not gone in. I am just about ready to pull the pin but have other bookings coming up. I have had numerour phone calls from them but no resolution!! Disgruntled host, Michelle

How do I get paid as a host. I can't even see where to add my account options

Sonia1280
Level 2
Bruisyard, United Kingdom

Airbnb have not paid me for two bookings, they cannot seem to find the cause of the problem keep saying there  is a glitch or will refer it up but to date I am owed nearly £1,000

Sonia1280
Level 2
Bruisyard, United Kingdom

I would say don't use airbnb!

David8446
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

0ACFCB2B-17B2-4C12-BCB9-2C84ACD688DE.png

David8446
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

I am an airbnb photographer and they have been “backlogged” on payments, they haven’t payed me for photo shoots I have completed since NOVEMBER of last year. $500. They are a **bleep** joke. There is only two people. ONLY 2!!! Running the entire photography program. I have been trying to contact them since November of last year and NEVER hear anything except “your issue has been promoted to priority” and “someone will contact you from the photo team”.

Going on 3 months and no one has contacted me.

min blasting this in every thread I see about payments.

ANYONE ELSE WHO’S NOT GETTING PAID FROM AIRBNB WHEN YOU SHOULD BE, WE NEED TO ALL GET TOGETHER AND BRING SOM LEGAL TROUBLE THEIR WAY!

Rishma14
Level 2
Denpasar, Indonesia

@Sonia1280 @David8446 @Patty5 
in fact i m a host who handle some properties ,
I NEVER BEEN PAID for 4months (July 2022 until today ) and i must have huge number on it ...
I have changed and add many time about payment method but still can not be insist (airbnb use payoneer)
i think payoneer 
the worst vendor service for money transfer, , if you have problem they are very slow respond and so difficult,, even we all give the true information, they start to make it difficult again and again in every step , but the sadness news come from airbnb,  they said can not help even for contacting payoneer they can not do it by privacy reasons ,they don't really helpful for your problem ,, this is so cruel ,, cooperation between payoneer and airbnb and very very troublesome for host who in trouble , not easy and need many many month just for checking our personal data,,
in others OTA  our account holder can get normal payment and never miss, we use the same account bank 

what we knows by a simple thinking:  >> airbnb getting paid by the guest,, for us airbnb still keep the money ,,  avoid other problem behind airbnb vendor payoneer etc... it is airbnb or payoneer problem so ,,

after sending all my correct data from Goverment ID , Bank Book, Bank statement, utility Bill ,, etc ,, till today they can not verify it .. and they always asking me this data for many time for same question, same data ,,, Just to verify the bank account need 4 months ?? This Craziest working system in the world

The Big question is ,, who keep my money until today ?????????????????????????
Of course we don't understand who in trouble ,
Airbnb say this payoneer problem and payoneer said chek to airbnb and bank,, then bank said check to airbnb and payoneer
What kind of this game ??
anyone who has same experience and already solve please share with me your experience , i need help from you