New Farm, Australia

Payments & what appears on bank statements

Hi,

I seem to get payments from Airbnb that appear on my bank records as;

Direct Credit CITIBANK EUROPE
Worldpay AP Ltd

or

Direct Credit ENVOY SERVICES

Seems to be no way of any reference number to match against bookings & why the 2x different creditors?

Maybe fullish, but trusting that Airbnb are making payments as per what shows on my Stats each month....

Any help appreciated

8 Replies 8
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@SleepOver-Brisbane0

I believe they have two (or more) different suppliers handling the payment side of things.  Worldpay seems to handle the European transactions.

Printing the payout mail, you should be able to match with your statement and your transaction history.

Do you know what is the amount of the fee that Worldpay charges on the transaction?

bgrds,

Bia

Stephen450
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Yes, I got mine from, I am sure it's bnb, because of the numbers, but with the title Worldpay AP Ltd MSP? It's interesting for its all about communication. 

If bnb pays, they must want people worldwide know its the money they pay for their customers, but who is able to identify what is Worldpay AP Ltd MSP, not even on google can find the answer. Why made such a mistake.

Even in Electronic data, those companies still save characters as not clearly enough identifing themselves who they are, or they think people just know it?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Stephen450

Payments are outsourced. As far as I remember, the payout mail says what to look for in your statement.

Carmel26
Level 2
Carlisle, Australia

My husband noticed  this Worldpay AP Ltd on our transaction history at the bank and we were both super confused since there was no way of identifying it as airbnb! We actually blocked the transactions because they seems suspicious!! We since got fined for blocking the transactions and so looked further into, finally matching the figures to the airbnb transaction history. The main thing that threw us off was that the first payment from Direct Credit ** CITIBANK EUROPE Worldpay AP Ltd was only for 3 cents... so strange... Airbnb should at least note somewhere when you set up your payment method from whom the payments will appear to be!

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

'm a bit nervous about giving my acct information on the website ?? Is it safe ! ?

I just don't know how else to do it . I have 6 requests for stay already 

Stuart-and-Kelly0
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

@Carmel26when you gave AirBnB your banking info, you likely got a message that they would make a small deposit. This is to verify that the payment channel, including your banking information is working properly. This is pretty typical. I know PayPal and Facebook both do this as well.

As for confusion as to what the payments are, do you folks really have that many random organizations making deposits into your accounts that you can't figure it out pretty easily? If you have extra deposits that are causing stress, feel free to forward them my way! 🙂

Erika-Dawn0
Level 1
St. John's, Canada

Yes, I was wondering what that .03 cents was! Not that they took money from me so I wasn’t to worried.  Any money coming into my bank account I wouldn’t complain lol!  Worldplay AP LTD MSP is what the transaction was on my bank, glad I figured out what it was! I had some kinda feeling it was something to do with Airbnb.