Payments from Airbnb to Canadian hosts

Carla307
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Payments from Airbnb to Canadian hosts

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to host experiences in Canada and I'm a bit confused with the payment method. I would like to have the payment done to my bank account but my undersanding is that it will be considered a wire/international transfer and for thar cases my bank charges me a fee. Am I seeing this right?

Is there a way to have Airbnb paying to my bank account without being considerend an international transfer? With so many hosts in Canada, I will be surprised that the only options available are wire transfer or Pay Pall that also charges a fee.

Thanks,

Carla

2 Replies 2
JC-Vacations0
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hi @Carla307,

Welcome to hosting! I have been hosting in Calgary, Alberta since May 2017. My payments are currently transferred to Tangerine Bank and Scotiabank (Co-host). I don't know if they are considered wire/international tranasfers but I am not charged any fees.

What bank are you with? 

Cheers,

Jordan 

Any more info on how the Scotiabank was set up. I am now worried about double dipping for double fund conversion also. Very hard to get information which is bizarre knowing how many Canadians are doing this.