Payments pending for 16 days and counting - after multiple stays

Jennifer2498
Level 2
Royal Oak, MI

Payments pending for 16 days and counting - after multiple stays

I've had continuous 3-5 day stays since June 18 and steady stays before that.  I have not received a payout since June 18th.  I cannot reach airbnb. 

Is it possible they won't ever give me my payment?  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm considering canceling my future bookings and saying it is due to no payments from airbnb.  My calendar is booked solid until mid-august and I'm concerned I will never get a payment. 

2 Replies 2
Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Sorry to hear your trouble! You definitely have to contact Airbnb in this case. How did you attempt on that? I have contacted Airbnb in the past couple months for several times and all were successful. It's true that at this time Airbnb is slow in response but THEY DO RESPOND TO US if you take the proper initiative. Normally payout should be sent to you around 24 hours after the guest checks in.

At this time Airbnb offers mainly two methods for communication. One is the phone call which might need hours-long hold, while the other is that you can message them and they get back to you usually within 24 hours. From my experience, the message methods is very reliable that they will definitely get back to you although the waiting time is unpredictable -- the longest I have waited was 2 days while most were within several hours. So you can definitely try that. However for payout issues my feeling is that you might need to call them instead of the messaging, and they will direct you to the payment handling team -- the regular customer service team cannot handle payment based on what I learnt from them.

By the way, before you start, take a look at your profile and make sure the payout methods are set properly. Not the payment methods. They are two separate things. Payout method needs to be a bank account.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer2498,

I'd like to thank you for highlighting the problem with your payments showing in your Transaction History (for payouts July 18-20th).

The Payments team identified the issue and I'm pleased to say it is now fixed.

If you visit your Transaction History page you should now see the payment rescheduled and it will be on its way to you shortly. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv