Payout not released by Airbnb for guest's extended stay

Avani5
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Payout not released by Airbnb for guest's extended stay

I had a guest stay with us for a week in July and extended his stay by three days. This extension was done via AirBnb platform and I received the extension confirmation from Airbnb. Guest stayed with us for three extra days, it's been two months since then and I still haven't received the payout from AirBnb. I have followed up multiple times with AirBnb support team on call and the only answer I receive is the case is transferred to Collections team. And in my latest call today the support representative answers she is not sure if I will even receive the payment for this extended stay. My association is with AirBnb as a platform and it is responsible to pay for the reservations it sends through to hosts. Has anybody faced such a situation and can please advice what do I need to do in this situation. 

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Avani5 

Sorry to read you have not been paid, check in  your transaction history to see where it's at.

It sounds on the surface as if the guests payment may have been dishonoured which is not nice.

You may like to use related keywords in the searchbox here in CC to see how others faced with similar situations have resolved there's.

You may like to msg @Laura_C who is Head of Customer Services and see if she can assist who to contact.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location, Remuera,

Auckland

New Zealand

I just had someone extend 6 times in a stay and when they checked out I noticed it was $800 short. When I called I found out 4 times they extended his card was declined but they never told me. It just said approved. I found out they have to collect the money before you can get paid so I am out $800 till this is resolved with his payment. I guess they do not have any kind of warning system to let hosts know cards are declined so I will not be doing that anymore.

Ingrid535
Level 1
London, GB

That sucks!

I am considering being a host, but this is putting me off...

I also have this concern - A stay was extended - but no payment has come through ?