Payout problems

Pamela1043
Level 1
Hawaii, United States

Payout problems

Hi,

I have 2 properties and each one has its own bank acct.  I have updated banking info as well as tax payer info for each acct.  What is happening is that one of houses is getting paid for everything minus the TOT which is being deposited into the other house bank acct.  Which is not what I want or how I set up my payouts.

I have been working with Airbnb for over a month and the nice person today in the super host resolution Dept said that it was a "glitch".  He told me that someone was going to be reaching out but I thought I would try here to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Thanks for any help!

5 Replies 5
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Pamela1043! I'm sorry to hear you've been running into this issue. It's quite strange indeed, but good that you've already been in touch with the resolution dept. Have you had a reply from them yet?

Please let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Pamela1043
Level 1
Hawaii, United States

Hi Sybe,

unfortunately, I have not heard back.  I'm going to reach out again today and see if I have any luck.

Hello! I am in the middle of dealing with them on this issue.  They don't seem to be helping.  Did you ever get any resolution?

We've been dealing with this issue as well...has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue?

Kevin2407
Level 2
San Diego, CA

This is an on-going issue that AirBnB refuses to resolve.  It's an accounting nightmare and in my case looks like I, as a host, am skimming money from our listings.  I too was told it was a "glitch" but later told this was their policy.  There are at least three major accounting / tax issues that AirBnB has created if you manage multiple listings;

1.  If a guest is credited any more for any reason after their stay, AirBnB debits that money from whatever the next schedules  payout happens to be regardless of who owns the property of which bank account is associated with that property.  So if a guest that stayed in "Property A" is given a $100 credit, that money could be debited to "Property B" or "Property C", etc.  Until you run your revenue reports, you'll never even know.

2.  If you manage a property in a municipality that does not automatically collect TOT and instead you set up your AirBnB account to add the TOT to the guest reservation,  AirBnB will then strip out the TOT and deposit that portion of the funds in to your "default" account and the remainder in to the account you originally set up to receive it.  In other words they deposit the rent in to the correct account and the TOT in to your separate default account.  Yes, it creates an accounting nightmare!

3.  Again, regardless of who get the money (in our case we are AirBnB set up to transfer funds to separate bank accounts based who owns the property), AirBnB sent me a 1099 for all funds from all properties, ignoring the fact that I never received most of the money.  If that doesn't trigger some very big red flags with the IRS, I don't know what will.  Imagine getting a 1099 for $100k when you only brought in $30k.

Of course I contacted AirBnb about these issues.  Their customer service is atrocious!  After working my way through the first two levels of pathetic customer service, a "manager" wrote this response below...

"You have 6 active listings on Airbnb and you have [correctly] set up routing rules for payout in 3 different accounts.

Please know Transient occupancy tax (TOT) and resolution center payouts (aka: refunds to guests) does not honor the specific routing rules, and can only be sent to the default payout method."

I also asked them,  "Why would you make this a policy?  It doesn't affect he guest at all and is nothing but bad for the host."  No response.

Accounting nightmare!