Payout "glitch" incorrectly deducts THOUSANDS of dollars as "Adjustment" citing a 2-year-old, CANCELLED reservation which we were never paid out in the first place! Please advise!

in
Florida, United States
Level 3

FACTS

1. We hosted a non-refundable, 7-night reservation back in July 7, 2019 -July 14, 2019 (on a property we no longer manage)
  2. Guest Canceled the​ ​reservation after just 1 night in the home​,​​ and ​Support immediately refunded ​the ​guest $1,880.00​ of the $2,042.50 payout, prior to paying anything out to the host. ​(​​without legitimate reason and ​without consulting host)

3. Host received a Payout of ONLY $218.50 for the 1 night stay. - NO other payouts were made to host on this reservation.

4. On 6-24-2021 (2 years later):  $2,042.50 was deducted as an "Adjustment" from our payout on a completely different property, owned by a different homeowner!

We contacted Airbnb support via phone and they said; "...there was a glitch on the system with your payout granting you those $2042.50 and the system recognized that error so it took it back.".  I ​explained to support that we never received those funds, and we then reviewed the "Transaction History" together on the phone, confirming that I was ​never paid. Support said he needed to get with his supervisor to correct the issue and promised to call me back that same afternoon with a resolution. I asked him to please document our call via support message so I could reach him again, which he did before ending our call.

A week later, still no response from support... Despite ​sending ​daily follow-up messages, including requests to speak with a supervisor, and having clear evidence, we are still out thousands of dollars with no answers.

Wh​o can we call and / or what can we do???

2 Replies

Re: Payout "glitch" incorrectly deducts THOUSANDS of dollars as "Adjustment" citing a 2-year-old, CANCELLED reservation which we were never paid out in the firs

in
Oregon City, OR
Level 10

@Scott125 something similar happened to me a couple of years ago and I retrieved my funds, plus court costs and a judgment penalty, via small claims court. Your other option is arbitration, see section 23:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908/terms-of-service

Re: Payout "glitch" incorrectly deducts THOUSANDS of dollars as "Adjustment" citing a 2-year-old, CANCELLED reservation which we were never paid out in the firs

in
Florida, United States
Level 3

So sad that Airbnb won't invest anything in developing support. Great market name recognition has caused them to far outgrow their ability to provide a quality service @Lisa723