Payouts - Jamaican hosts

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Payouts - Jamaican hosts

Hi all, using Paypal for my payouts but it takes way too long for their checks to reach (Jamaica, although we're so near (Paypal does not currently allow Jamaican hosts to transfer funds to their local bank accounts) 😞 .  Questions for Jamaican hosts:  Which other payout method do you use?  Appreciate any advise you may offer.  

10 Replies 10
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Flavia202 I am not a Jamaican host but i am also from an island.Can you tell me if Payoneer IS available as a payout method there? If yes please sign up for it.Good luck and happy hosting!!!

Hi and sorry for the delayed response. No, Payoneer is no longer available in Jamaica..

Cancel that... I see where it is an option (apply directly) or through Airbnb.

Marvin100
Level 3
Kingston, Jamaica

Please sign up at payoneer.com immediately and stop wasting your time with paypal..... Paypal is only for shopping online.

Hi Marvin. I'd love to but when I researched online I saw that Payoneer is no longer here.  I'll check out their website again.

Cheers... done.

Judy-Ann2
Level 2
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Hi @Flavia202  did the Payoneer app work for you ? Are you restricted to payout to specific local banks ?

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi @Judy-Ann2 , I had signed up with Payoneer but I haven't used them yet, ie, I have a Payoneer acct number but not the card (you're supposed to be able to still transfer funds to your local bank acct once you have a Payoneer acct, even if you do not request/have the card).

It wasn't worth my while because I'm not making much money via airbnb which is the reason I wanted the Payoneer option.  My direct (non-airbnb) bookings pay me upfront, which is sweet.  Pity airbnb won't pay hosts from some countries direct to their local bank accounts. 
You could ask the others here who had responded to my post what their experience with Payoneer has been like. 

I am a Jamaican host and I have been using Payoneer for years and had no trouble...I recently tried to update my details on there and now my money is stuck there. I realized now that their service has been poor and many people are complaining that they're confiscating their money and putting them through a lengthy verification process. We are planning on reporting them and also Airbnb should remove them because they're not the same. Now it's very much unfair they got the money instantaneous and now I have to go through all this to get my money...very unfair. Plus it makes no sense communicating with their customer service...they're just bots.

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Thanks for the heads up re Payoneer, @Germaine36 (I had also seen your other post on the CC about them). 

I haven't used Payoneer yet and now 

I've paused hosting but plan to resume in due course.  Hope your issues sort out. Please let us know.