Payouts for pre-approved

Payouts for pre-approved

Circumstances added up to us making a "special offer" to a guest. The guest had made an earlier reservation that we could not accept based on avaiability, so we also pre-approved the special offer. The guest checked in (for 4 days) yesterday (12/29/15) at 6:30 pm. We recieved from Airbnb a reservation confirmation as accepted. It has been 24 hours since check in and we have not recieved any other communication from Airbnb regarding the Payout for this reservation. 

As far as payouts go what process and timeline can we expect? Are special offers and/or pre-approved reservations handled differently relative to payouts? Is the guest responsibility to check in? If the guest does not check in, how does Airbnb know the guest has occupied the property and collect? 

3 Replies 3
Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Payouts aren't conditional on a guest actually 'checking-in', unless there is an alteration to the reservation (ie cancellation under certain cancellation policies) the full amount is paid 24 hours after the check-in time shown on the reservation.  

The amount you will be paid is the amount shown on the reservation  If this amount doesn't reflect the amount of your 'Special Offer' then it's because something has gone wrong with your issuance and the guest's subsequent acceptance of the 'Special Offer'.

Ok Thanks Louise.

Your response is helpful. I didn't get the usual Airbnb
email "... we have released your payout and ..." That concern was the
reason for my comment and questions in the community center. So, I actually called the
Airbnb number. They said that Airbnb had indeed released the payout and
that the only explanation for not receiving the auto-email was some system
glitch. Thanks again. 

Thanks, Dallas

I had the same issue and also noticed that the amount due to me was not marked paid out in the transaction history, nor was it in future payments. 

I got onto airbnb and was told that the transfer had been made but it wasnt marked paid out as they had two steps, 1. They sent the money. 2. They waited for a response from my bank and marked the money as paid out.  They suggested that I wait until today and the status has changed. 

I had not received the email  but did this morning.  I think they have changed their process although they didnt say so and now wait also to sent the email until they get the bank response. The email used to be sent when they sent the money (24 hours approx after checkin).

I think that it is foolish to make these kind of changes without telling hosts as we cant be the only two people who contacted support

Margaret