Payouts to Cuban Hosts

Payouts to Cuban Hosts

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how are Cuban hosts getting their payouts in Cuba now that transfers to the AIS cards are not possible and the only option available for Cuba is "cash payment". Is that system actually working? If so, are payouts received in foreign currency or in the local one? How long does it typically take for payouts to be received in this way?

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from someone soon.

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Natalia1054 and welcome to ABB CC from across the lands and seas in New Zealand.

Whilst I am unable to answer your questions, this is a very important topic to raise with the pending worldwide expansion of Cryptocurrencies, geography and other factors the Financial sectors and our Governments all need a wake up call on that some people still rely on cash transactions and may not have access to the same offerings imposed on us.

@Brian @Catherine-Powell @Stephanie @Nick @Liv @Francesca @Lizzie @Anna 

I would love to receive my payouts in some cryptocurrencies... Nevertheless I still have the same doubt: Now how we are going to get our payouts? I've just checked the payout options and there is only one available for Cubans: ''cash payments in CUC''. CUC is no longer a currency in Cuba since January 2021. 

Brian2167
Level 2
Beacon, NY

I'm also trying to find out how Cuban hosts can receive payments. If a Cuban host gets a booking, how will their money be delivered? I understand AIS cards will no longer work.