Payouts

Becca1264
Level 2
Montana, United States

Payouts

So I'm having a problem with airbnb payouts.  In the last 3 weeks, two different reservations, our guests from each reservation, have stayed for 3 nights each without us getting paid.  I contacted airbnb, was told that the funds had been released, but still no funds.  I understand that depending on how I have funds paid out (paypal, bank, etc) that affects the time.

When we first started on airbnb, they were really good at getting payouts out and on time and when they said they would,  the last few months, each payout is getting out later and later, now days 2-3 days later.

We've worked really hard to achieve superhost status and continue to work really hard to maintain it and actually maintain it at a higher level than required by airbnb.  It seems to me that since airbnb is paid immediately once a reservation is made, that as a superhosts in good standing, we should be paid the day guests check in.  I know that airbnb says that they don't pay immediately because the guest needs to see that the place they're staying is as it is listed.  If you've achieved superhost status - then that should indicate that your listing is correct and all is as it should be.

What can we do as superhosts to ensure that we're getting paid on time and not having guests stay for 2,3,4 nights before we're paid?  How do we get airbnb to change their payout policy?

Thank you for ideas and help.

1 Reply 1
Kate1605
Level 1
Llandysul, GB

Hi, Same here and i think its down to AirBnb changing their bank, I have noted in the past few months it is constantly an additional 3-5 days before the money is in our bank. We have not changed anything but I did notice that the line details on my bank statements changed suggesting something changed at their end. 

Today I have just checked the bank and no payment for guests who arrived on the 15th Feb, in the transaction  it suggests the 21st Feb which is unfair, if we had taken a card payment it would be in the bank, in fact we had other on the same day and took two payments by card and those are in the account today after going through a merchant!

Also if I paid someone via BACS from my bank it would happen instantly. I don't understand but think they are just holding money to get a bit of interest. I have flagged this with them but they are not interested and go back to the quoted timeframes.