Payouts

Jason77
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Payouts

Hey everyone,

We are based in Canada but setup the listing in USD as to make it easer for the US guests. HOWEVER, we also accidentally are being paid in CAD... How do we fix that as I think we are paying an exchange fee of 5-7% each time we get paid...

Help =)!

Jason and Jenny!

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If you are based in Canada and have a local bank account, you will be paid in CAD.  If you want to be paid in USD you would need to route the payments into a USD account.  If you travel to the US frequently or do larger purchases in USD, a USD account could be handy, but mostly your local currency would be the most useful in Canada.  

US guests looking will be presented with the listing in USD unless they actively change the currency.  When I look at your listing, I get the prices in NOK, and it work this way for every currency throughout the globe.

Maybe you are mistaking the airbnb fee for an exchange fee ?

"Important Tip: The price for one or more of your listings is set in a currency other than CAD. Please set the price using the same currency, or otherwise your payouts will be funded in USD.  "

The currency will then be converted and generally when that is done there is a conversion fee. Not looking at the Airbnb fees.