Paypal payment not gone though

Answered!
Theodore2
Level 2
Sudbury, United Kingdom

Paypal payment not gone though

Hi there,

Airbnb says it has transferred funds via Paypal but the funds haven't showed up in my Paypal account.

Any ideas what's happened ?

THANK YOU : )

1 Best Answer

What does your completed transaction history say. As soon as Airbnb sent it it lands in your PayPal account . This happened to me one time and both sides kept on saying it was the other ones fault . It turned out it was Airbnb's fault because PayPal is just the receptacle . You got to push Airbnb for them to realize it's on their end and not PayPal

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Double check that you have the correct email address registered with AirBnB for PayPal.

If you have, then contact PayPal and ask them if they can track any payment arriving to your account - it should have been instant.

Good day

I've checked my email address, and noticed that it was incorrect.  How can I request for the payments to be allocated to the correct email address? 

Regards,

Lieze

What does your completed transaction history say. As soon as Airbnb sent it it lands in your PayPal account . This happened to me one time and both sides kept on saying it was the other ones fault . It turned out it was Airbnb's fault because PayPal is just the receptacle . You got to push Airbnb for them to realize it's on their end and not PayPal

how do you contact airbnb these days ? there seems to be no way to contact them...

We have received several notifications from Airbnb saying that the payment has been sent but it has not hit the paypal account and we can find nothing wrong with Paypal. The email is the same. How do we get in contact with Airbnb/

Thanks Graham

Dana24
Level 1
Inverness, United Kingdom

I have not received my paypal payments either & cant seem to contact anyone regarding this?

Kathryn44
Level 1
Otago, New Zealand

I'm the same.  Airbnb say the payment has been sent, but not showing up in Paypal.  How do we contact Airbnb to resolve this?

Pieter8
Level 1
Lund, Sweden

I have the same problem! Please Airbnb, how do we solve this issue?

Prea1
Level 2
Ottawa, CA

I just experienced the same problem. The 24 hours to received payment has passed 2 days ago and nothing is in the paypal account. I have received payouts from guests just before and just after, but that one in between is missing, even though I got the confirmation from airbnb. What do we do? What are the answers? How do we contact Airbnb to resolve this without opening a resolution and bothering the guest when it has nothing to do with the?

I've spent the entire day attempting to resolve this issue.  Airbnb gave me a bogus transaction ID.   PayPal assured me the funds are not released and said they have had numerous calls registering this issue today.  The fact I've been falsely reassured and they have gone so far as to provide a bogus transaction ID heightens by concern.  

this has happened to me. I've received 3 emails saying a transfer has taken place. No money has shown in the paypal account. I cannot allow this to go on and still host guests! 

I'm definitely not doing this for free- it's too much work. 

Anyone have any luck figuring this out? has anyone received an explanation? Is there a gliche happening? 

Stefanie43
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Is there an answer to this yet? I am also stuffed with no money 😞

Susan287
Level 1
Fairford, United Kingdom

How do I cancel paypal and the reinstate it with updated email address

Juhani0
Level 1
Lappeenranta, Finland

I was able to make that happen by a) adding another payment method, b) making that the default method, c) adding a new paypal account (with correct email address), and c) removing the old paypal entry.

However, I have no idea if I will ever see the money that was transferred to me using the old email address. Luckily, I have access to that email, and was able to click the "Claim Your Money" button. Then signed into Paypal... but no money is there. 

Wondering if the old email address somehow prohibits the transfer to Paypal, or is there merely just a delay before I see the money.

Airbnb is really a GREAT disappointment to me. Just hosting my firstr clients, and I guess they will be my last ones, too. This is no service to use. I would greatly encourage some US lawyer to raise a group indictment against Airbnb for the lousy service and (in many cases) loss of money.