People stranded due to covid-19

Jorge1487
Level 1
La Tablada, Argentina

People stranded due to covid-19

I wanted to know if Airbnb is considering the people that was left stranded around the world due to everything related to the covid-19 situation. Countries borders closed, Airports closed, airlines stopped working, flights cancelled, quarentines, etc. A lot of people is unable to return to their homes and with not much economical resources, dates uncertainty,etc it's becoming really hard to book using the platform and pay to the owner, taxes and the service fee.

5 Replies 5
Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Jorge1487  maybe try to search locally, if u are stranded abroad try to find a local option, many countries have their own site. 

Thanks I'm  new to this but I haven't found a Miami community

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jorge1487  What issues are you encountering re trying to book a place?

Due to cancelled flights I had to end and book again contracts and the fees are higher than the price of one night.  Also the offer is smaller and smaller due to Miami restrictions to tourists reservations but not people stranded like me but either way Airbnb is telling owners to stop rentals

Ifeoma3
Level 2
Nigeria

Please I have a guest stranded at my place. He is not able to travel back and is not able to pay because his card is having issues. What do I do? Or what can Airbnb do