Permanently Deactivating Listing and the lack of Reservation Cancelation Confirmation.

Permanently Deactivating Listing and the lack of Reservation Cancelation Confirmation.

I would like to close/delete my account/listing, however when I get to Permanently Deactivate Listing it won't allow me to and only option is: 

"You’re still expecting some guests
Your listing can’t be deactivated when you have current or upcoming reservations. To remove it from search, you can always unlist your space instead."

Keep it unlisted
Cancel

I just published the listing late last night and by this morning there was a reservation, however the amount was incorrect yet the reservation was confirmed, tried to mitigate and sent messages to the potential guest that I could not confirm, tried to explain pricing but no reply. Accordingly I "Canceled the reservation" and was alerted by Airbnb site reply that since it was my first Cancelation I would not incur a fee. After cancelling the reservation I did not receive a confirmation notification or e-mail, only the dashboard showing a scratch through the amount on potential income as a form of cancelation but not an actual acknowledgment of a Cancelation notification confirmation.

Also most notably after trying to delete previous options, information and photos , I noted that additional options became available after publishing that were not available when signing up and completing listing preferences. The Additional options were also ticked to "say I provide amenities" that I did not tick as they were not visible with the original amenities ticked full page, but as some kind of subcategory to the original option that was ticked or left blank. The newly discovered subcategories with ticked amenities and other options in other settings were "not available when signing up".

There you have it. Now I can't use Airbnb for potential income since this and then searched and started reading about scams and Airbnb, they have that many.

Had a chat with Airbnb support (useless), and they said they should respond in 24 hours or so hopefully. Right.
1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Pauline360 

Don't ever cancel yourself, call Airbnb to support instead.

If you canceled and didn't receive any confirmation about it and under "my reservations" this booking is still visible then it's a glitch or you didn't cancel and you should contact ABB support again.

Try through Twitter (Airbnb help) or Facebook, they seem to be the most competent.

Check if you have other upcoming bookings under "my reservations" link.

To publish your listing before you double checked everything is set the way you want was a mistake.... but many of us have made it 🙂