Permission to access

Alexis114
Level 1
Montebello, CA

Permission to access

I keep trying to book my trip but every time I’m going to start my booking part I can’t seem to get out of step one without receiving an alert saying “ you do not have permission to access this resource” what does that mean ?

13 Replies 13
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Alexis114 Did you find the listing using the Air BNB search or did you get a link for a specific listing?  If the latter, then the issue is that the link is not the correct link.  It is a link that allows access only to the host.  Hope this helps.

I just downloaded the app last night and updated my profile with all my info needed & found a place using the app but i can’t book ANYTHING what so ever . 

B96A7352-5FFE-4768-8FD7-E78534DCAD37.png

Looks like this  

Any update on this? I'm having the same problem..

Matthew357
Level 1
Aurora, CO

I'm having the same problem. My app is up to date. I have provided everything, phone, email, government ID, etc. but still cannot "save" places, book, anything.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Alexis114

Sometimes there are software bugs and there are bound to be some now after the recent software update. Try a different device - preferably the desktop version. 

Ashley270
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Yes I thought I was the only one I have been trying now for days and still cannot book anything.

Kalellah0
Level 1
Lawrenceville, GA

After requesting to book a home i am unable to view my “trips”.

Sothy1
Level 1
Aliso Viejo, CA

I ran into he same issue too, but turned out I needed to provide ID verification. After doing that, it worked. Go the web application and log in and they’ll prompt you for it. 

Tom2486
Level 1
Brighton, GB

I normally use the “sign in with Google“ option on the desktop, but on my iPad it comes up with this error message whenever I attempt to login using a password which clearly isn’t compatible with the Google authorisation option which isn’t shown in the app.

Julie3325
Level 1
Mt Pleasant, SC

I am getting the same error but I'm using a laptop.

Alfred503
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Never used the service before but same problem after going through all the set up. Click pay and get the same message. Same on all devices. Saving a bit of money sometimes costs a lot in time. That’s two hours I’ll never get back 😞

Sarah3279
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I also encountered this error this evening... However, the booking shows up in my trips even though it never let me finish the booking process. ??