Personal Referrals for a New Host

Answered!
Amy331
Level 1
Portland, OR

Personal Referrals for a New Host

Hi - I'm a brand new host (but, not brand new to Airbnb).  I have several friends who travel and have been regular Airbnb guests in other cities and countries.  Because we have literally just started and have no reviews as of yet, I requested one of my Facebook friends who is an avid traveler and Airbnb user (with her own profile and picture) to write a referral for me ... just to help potential guests become a little more comfortable with who I am.  My Facebook friend was able to do this and I have accepted her kind referral.

My question is: How do I request a referral from another friend who is ALSO an avid traveler and Airbnb user but NOT on Facebook.  Do I just email him the request?  If so, how does he submit it so that I can view and accept it.  I understand that in order for him to give a refferal he must have an Airbnb profile picture verifying he is a member in good standing himself; but, I see only the option to reach out via Facebook.

Hopefully positive reviews will be rolling in as guests check-in and out ... but, in the mean time, I would like to have a few referrals about me as a trustworthy and good person and host on my listing.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Amy Monteleone

Blue Moon Suite

Portland, OR  USA

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Amy331,

I don't know the thinking behind it but the only option to invite friends to give you referrals is via Facebook.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Amy331,

I don't know the thinking behind it but the only option to invite friends to give you referrals is via Facebook.

Steve.

Thanks, Steve.  It is then as I expected. 

The thinking behind requesting personal referrals was just to allow others who know us but have not stayed with us as Airbnb guests to refer us as "good and trustworthy folks".  We're just getting started with Airbnb and wanted to offer some assurances about us to potential guests looking at our site.

Pictures are important; but, feeling assured that your hosts are decent people is helpful too!

Since posting this question, we have had two groups stay with us and received two very nice reviews; so, I guess time and more guests will fill the need.

Thanks for your reply and time!

All the best,

Amy