Pet Cleaning fee

Evren4
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Pet Cleaning fee

Hi Everyone,

I am a pet-friendly host.  I even have a private room for the pets at my place.  However,  the cleaning time and effort takes time to compare guests without pets.  In that case, I charge an extra fee for pet cleaning.  The software of Airbnb does not allow guests to add pets like an extra guest feature.  So often, I am ending up requesting or BEGGING money from the guest.  However, 1 out of 3 guests does not even answer my request and ignores totally like AIRBNB.  My suggestion is to add a feature for the pet fee, so we don't have to beg for money as a host.  

IS IT REALLY HARD TO ADD THIS FEATURE?  IF YOU CANT I CAN CODE IT FOR YOU  AIRBNB

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Evren4  You've added your voice to the many hosts clamoring for a pet fee:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

It seems as if the only way to insure getting paid is to turn off Instant Book and ask everyone to request to book, after which you would have to send those bringing pets a special offer.  Ridiculous, inefficient, and likely to result in lost bookings.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Evren4 Since the beginning of time, hosts have been asking Airbnb to implement a pet fee. Whether it is simple or not, we will never know because Airbnb hasn't even made the slightest attempt to explain why they cannot or won't do this. It is beyond frustrating for sure. 

Bryan141
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

I have electronic locks on my Airbnb house. I politely tell the folks that are bringing pets that the lock doesn't get programmed with their code until I receive the pet fee. Seems to work for me.  I also refund half of the pet fee if the cleaning effort is fairly normal (for a pet). I keep the second half if there's small damage or excessive cleaning required. 

@Bryan141  Smart!!!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

We’re very happy to share some details with you that have been recently announced! In the following weeks, Hosts will finally be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 🙌 🐕

We really appreciate your feedback, so please share with the Community your first impressions on the new feature once it has launched. We look forward to hearing what you think. 😊

Thanks,

Liv