Pet Fee Button

Matt3392
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

Pet Fee Button

AirBNB please add a Pet Fee button guests can click when they book that auto adds the preset fee amount to the reservation.  You guys create burdens on hosts and guests to send alteration or money request for pet fees.  This is stupid.  Please fix thanks.  Also make a flat payout split option and trip insurance option for guests. 

6 Replies 6
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Thanks for the idea @Matt3392 !

I'm sure, many hosts wish that. Let's see what kind of formal feedback we can provide in the near future, so the community is able to define priorities.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matt3392 I think there may be a fundamental issue in that whilst Airbnb encourage hosts to take pets they do not cover them with the host guarantees. To allow a simple charging mechanism might force them to cover damage as well....

but they do cover damages for pets....damages is damages so i disagree with that argument

@Matt3392 I suggest you read the guarantee exclusions: Excerpt below from the exclusions:

any losses, damages, cost or expense of whatsoever nature, directly or indirectly, caused by, relating to or resulting from any of the following:

1. lots of clauses removed by me
  2. animals, including injuries to animals, veterinary care, boarding, medications, and all other services associated with animals except for damage caused by bona fide assistance animals, including service and/or emotional support animals; or

yes indeed! 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Matt3392,

We’re very happy to share some details with you that have been recently announced! In the following weeks, Hosts will finally be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 🙌 🐕

We really appreciate your feedback, so please share with the Community your first impressions on the new feature once it has launched. We look forward to hearing what you think. 😊

Thanks,

Liv