Pets

Sophie1978
Level 2
Houston, TX

Pets

Hello all!

(And apologies if this has been recently addressed).  

At first, I checked pets allowed, but I had a guest who brought 2 big dogs, and then his girlfriend brought her very hairy dog.  They were well behaved and no damage was done, but there was hair Everywhere!  And so much of it.  I worried that I may not have cleaned it all, and then have a guest with allergies. 

I would like to be able to accept pets on a "Case by case" basis.  Is this possible?  How do I do this in the listing?

Many thanks!!  Sophie

1 Reply 1

@Sophie1978  You can make it on a case by case basis, as long as it's fully disclosed and you're not using Instant Book. Really, I think pets should always be case-by-case, since no host is open to every amount and every species of pet.

One likely result is that some guests will misrepresent their pet situation to get past the gate, knowing that you're out of luck if you change your mind when you see the actual pet(s).

As for accommodating people with pet allergies: forget about it. No matter how well you clean, a listing that allows pets is not appropriate for people who are allergic, and you'll never get rid of all the hair.