Phantom travel credits

in
Scotland, United Kingdom
Level 1

I just got a notification through the mobile app saying "Reminder - your £50 travel credit will expire soon, book before 18th July!" but when I clicked on the notification it didn't go anywhere, and when I check the travel credit section of my account it says £0. Is there somewhere else I should be looking or is this some kind of bug?

Many thanks!

Hazel

7 Replies

Re: Phantom travel credits

in
Decatur, GA
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I have looked all over the site for information.  I am a Superhost and on top of that I have 6 pending reservations with AirBnBs and my travel credit has not be automatically applied to any of them. Somewhere else it was reported that if you had a travel credit and your reservation was over $75, the travel credit would be automatically applied.  None of this is happening.  Seems like a glitch.

in
Tucson, AZ
Level 1

I'm having the same issue!  It keeps popping up, but never to be clucked on. It says it's going to expire in a few days, but I can never find it. I have a reservation that I'd love to use it on. 

Nancy in Tucson 

in
Decatur, GA
Level 1

Another odd thing is you can never find that message again it pops up and then disappears. It is truly a Phantom  message. AirBnB is pretty good about fixing glitches, this one seems to be a whopper.

in
Tucson, AZ
Level 1

You've got that right. I thought I was seeing things & kept searching all phone hiding places. Glad to hear that others have ghost credits. Hope I get them for my next travels. 

Nancy

in
Tucson, AZ
Level 1

You've got that right. I thought I was seeing things & kept searching all phone hiding places. Glad to hear that others have ghost credits. Hope I get them for my next travels. 

Nancy

in
Paso Robles, CA
Level 1

I'm getting the same thing on my phone (I'm in the U.S. so it says I have a $100 credit).  But can't find any way to access it.  The one I saw today (6/30/17) said it expires July 15th.  I'd love to get an answer before that!  Please?!

in
Decatur, GA
Level 1

Mine is for$100 as well  and my message said it expired July 17, I think. I am in the US as well but my upcoming reservations are on the US and in the U.K.  I have used travel credits before and they have been automatically applied but these phantom credits that I am getting messaged about, are nowhere to be found. Another odd thing is I don't think I have $100 worth of travel credit Coming to me. If my memory serves me, I believe I am to $60 worth of travel credits.