Phone # for Trust and Safety Department?

Sloan1
Level 1
Fort Worth, TX

Phone # for Trust and Safety Department?

Does anyone have the number of a human at Trust and Safety?

I've been getting no replies for 23 days.  The people who answer the phone when you call the main number say they can only elevate the issue as "Urgent." I've done that TWICE already and no response. I asked for a manager in CSR and she said there was nothing she could do.

I'm in some kind of workflow software loop where I don't belong to anyone (There is still no case manager assigned after 23 days of my calls & messages) and no one will take the initiative.  

40 Replies 40

@Sloan1 it must be very frustrating to not get a reply for so long!

While the Trust and Safety Department might have a way to be contacted directly,

I have never heard of anyone ever mentioning being provided with such information.

(Or, at the very least, they have not shared that information here.)

What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

Sloan1
Level 1
Fort Worth, TX

If you have nothing you can do, just reply letting me know. The notes on my issue should be easily seen by looking at my account in the Airbnb system.  I've been apologized to MANY times by people on the front lines of Airbnb. So if you are just here to run the forum and can't get a problem fixed, or in front of an actual senior level fixer, please be upfront about those limitations.  My problem is officially hopeless:  I'm stuck in a broken workflow loop within the Airbnb inner office management software. The humans on the front lines of customer service, their managers, AND THEIR managers (that's at least three layers deep) agree that my case is broken. It isn't assigned to anyone. I'm totally right to be calling in.  But they are simply not empowered to solve problems. They can open tickets. But if the ticket is stuck, they are only able to star those tickets where they remain stuck. They tell me they have no way of communicating by phone to any human in any other department.  And (worst of all) the manager said she would not try.  According to the supervisors, no one in the organization can find the name of people in any other department.  It's a cancerous flaw to the entire organization.  All this is separate from my original problem, which is still a problem. It was at one point solvable, but has grown moldy and worse over these many days wasted begging for help and getting told: "I'm sorry."

@Sloan1 I think you may have mistaken me for someone who works for Airbnb.

I'm just a host like yourself. I have no access to anything, except my own Airbnb account.

Sorry I could offer any help. I didn't mean to cause you any extra disappointment.

(These discussion rooms are only populated by guests and hosts... with the occassional Admin.)

(I'm not even a board admin.)

Sloan1
Level 1
Fort Worth, TX

thx Brother. Have a good weekend

John1865
Level 2
Austin, TX

Sloan,

What was the end result with your experience with the trust and safety department? I'm in a similar situation, sort of, and am waiting for a response from trust and safety. I'm a super host with 150+ reviews and recently had my account suspended as a result of a false background check. My name is fairly common (Jon Phillips) and a random background check (after being in the system for 7 years) generated a report of a felon in another state. That said, I'm obviously eager to get this resolved so that my account may be reactivated. What a bummer. Please let me know if you have anything to share. Thank you!

I am experiencing this now - Sloan was the case ever resolved? I have no where to go and no resolution and my case is 30+ days old now. It is so incredibly frustrating!

Hi all. I'm in the exact same boat having reached out to airbnb dozens of times with the same endless apologies and no one who can actually look into my case and work towards a resolution. Has anyone had success in getting a claim resolved?

NOPE!!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Daniel2019  Your best bet is to call every few days and ask that your case be escalated. On average it takes 4-6 weeks to get a resolution claim finished. 

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Justin397
Level 1
Dallas, TX

As a host, Superhost, I've experienced frustration with every claim I've placed. I've given AirBnb a ton of my money. And apparently we aren't being viewed as their customers. Each time I call, I ask to speak with a supervisor... to which they reply "He just stepped into a meeting, and he will call you ASAP." I think this is just a scripted response. Because I have yet to get any calls and this has happened 5 times over the last 2 years. 

My current claim is the worst yet- Milena M. with the Trust and Safety team has given me pushback at every chance- it's been 18 days of emailing. She told me no one else can handle my case- won't connect me with a supervisor (I don't think there is a single manager at ABB at this point)- and told me email is the only form of communication we can have. 

When I call the Superhost line, they tell me the only thing they can do is email Milena M. and ASK HER TO ESCALATE MY ISSUE. This has become laughable. So in this case, she is God and if she doesn't want to escalate my case, it doesn't get escalated. That's the way it was explained to me. 

I just don't understand ABB or most of their policies. Milena M. told me that the invoice that I sent her from my contractor was not valid. The guest punched a hole in my wall, stole a blanket, and left the house a mess.

Milena M. said that I cannot collect an excessive cleaning fee (to which I replied "I hope your guests never find out that they cannot be charged for extra cleaning"), and said that I need to send an inaccurate, fake, fraudulent invoice- my words not hers. She will not accept the actual cost and invoice from my contractor... she wants one with a lower price. Which would be a fake one. 

Will someone explain this lack of logic to me... I give ABB over $2,500 in commission each year, and am seriously considering leaving Airbnb and leaving my bookings (that are 6+ months in advance) in the dust. That's Airbnb's fault, not mine at this point. 

I'm considering filing a complaint with the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) as ABB is a licensed broker, and getting my attorney involved. 

In the past 18 months I had 3 guest doing damage and stole from me. Each time my request for compensation was turned down.

2 months ago we changed and went from a master bedroom to putting 8 beds in a room. After 6 weeks he had a guest that we asked to leave with a 14 hour notice, He was on drugs and we had so many problems with the other guest.

That man in turn called airbnb and claimed we had hidden cameras. Our listings were suspended immediately, they said there was a investigation ongoing. now for 3 weeks we get no response to our calls, emails or messages. I hired a attorney yesterday demanding reinstatement and reimbursement.

Airbnb was not there when we needed them after damage being done by guest, Yet when a guest lies we get suspended in a heartbeat? 

I am currently looking at other sites, booking.com, hostelworld.

Airbnb expect us to have a 4.8 rating but when you google airbnb rating there are 3000 reviews with a 1.1 out of 10

Zahra21
Level 2
Sandton, South Africa

Hi all,

Same situation as a host. Been calling Airbnb for 10 weeks and nothing done. 

Airbnb is holding the money of tenants who are staying in my flat are will be checking out at the end of the month.

Has any of you had their problems resolved and if yes, how did you do it?

Thanks

Chris583
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I am experiencing similar issues. A guest accidentally cracked a large double-paned plate glass window which has taken two weeks to fabricate and will be installed tomorrow. The guest offered to pay in cash and because they were from China, I was hesitant--reached out to AirBnB and was told it's prohibited to take money from a guest outside of AirBnB. I was frankly relieved as I wanted everything on the record. The guest accepted the claim and I thought everything was wrapped up for payment to be disbursed. After two weeks and 5-6 unanswered calls and many emails, I'm not getting payment nor is anyone from the "Trust & Safety" department responding to my inquiries. I'm now going to be out $700 of my own money. I'm a super host and feeling a bit like rubbish in the eyes of AirBnB. Until this case, their customer service has been phenomenal in my experience and I'm not sure what else I can do to take care of an issue that both the guest and host agreed on--the only hold up is AirBnB. What the...????

Noam12
Level 1
New York, NY

My home has been emptied of all belongings from my life.  Its like my house beinng burnt in a fire.  My whole life has been removed by Airbnb theives.  I'm homeless from Airbnb, they won't return my calls and keep saying "we'll email the higher ups"..  

Meanwhile, I can't even fly back to LA, because there is not even sheets or clothing anymore, not a dish, and defication on the bed.    They need to call me, but prefer to be an organization that doesn't respect someone like me who has hosted for 5 years, a superhost, with perfect reviews.  I HAVE NO HOME, they do not care.