Photo order lost upon upload & need a way to better rearrange photos

Matthew1347
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Photo order lost upon upload & need a way to better rearrange photos

First some feedback:

Before uploading any photos to Airbnb, they are all curated and thoughtfully arranged and then renamed by filename, so that they can remain in the correct order across programs, systems, etc. The problem is that Airbnb seems to process these photos haphazardly and dumps them in any order it sees fit. This causes us to have a listing jumbled with photos of the exterior in one area, the bathroom up front, and bedrooms, etc. all mixed around.

Of course, I can rearrange these in Airbnb, but the next problem is the way to rearrange photos in Airbnb is extremely time consuming and very difficult to manage. Clicking a photo and dragging my mouse 3-4 times per photo to get to the right area and then scouring the photo list to find the next photo to repeat this action is extremely inefficient and a complete PITA!

So, my first request/feedback is for Airbnb to process the uploaded photos by filename, so that this problem never exists to begin with. Second to that, would be to allow a quicker, bulk reorder process, by which you can reorder the photos on a single screen, as opposed to manually clicking/dragging several times across a long scrolling page. There are thousands of apps/sites that manage this better, so please, please look into improving this experience!

8 Replies 8

It was working fine on the previous version of the website. However, you will have to go through such scenarios.  Do let me know if you need some help to manage the listings. 

Jason Morton
Julia3406
Level 1
Holmdel, NJ

I am struggling with the platform's photo ordering. I have a specific order I want to present, but AirBnB changes the way I have them ordered. The order presented does not show the best photos first, for example, the first bedroom shown is a small bedroom with a twin bed and trundle. I want the master bedroom to be the highlight. I think this is impeding my bookings. When I click to change the order, the photos are in the correct order, but that is not what is presented! Please help!!!

Amanda2123
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I am having this same issue! In the listing manager, I have placed the photos in the correct order. The master bedroom (1) is first, then 2, then 3, from largest to smallest in size.

However, in the actual listing, it displays the bedrooms under "Rooms and spaces" in the following order: "Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 1". When you enlarge the photos to show one-by-one, it also displays in the order "Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 1." Again, this is NOT how I have ordered them in the listing manager. 

I've tried deleting the number of bedrooms and reassigning the photos to each room, with no success. Please help, I would really like to get this resolved!  

@Amanda2123 the crazy old algorithymn recently released will organize the pics any way it wants . Take the  words off all of the listing pics before you go ahead H

@Helen744 Thank you for the tip of copying the captions before deleting my photos. I would have lost all my text had you not suggested that, which would have been tragic! 

@Amanda2123 It only likes landscape oriented pics and spits out portrait. H

I am having the same exact problem and it's driving me crazy. I just uploaded three new pictures of the master bedroom. I put them in order. When I go to preview the listing, it puts two of the new pictures in order and then puts the downstairs bathroom after them, and then the third picture of the master bedroom comes in after the bathroom. If someone is looking at the listing, it is very odd for them to see this. I try to fix the order and it doesn't work. Very very annoying.

Enough time has passed for me to collect myself over this infuriating issue and circle back with this group. After pleading with Tech Support by phone and chat over the course of several days, below is the best response I could garner:

+++

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

+++

I'm seeing red reading this again (referring me to a general help article after admitting nothing will change the order?). Ahem, moving on... I painstakingly managed to fix the issue of the "Where you'll sleep" bedroom order on my listing...

I began by deleting every photo and reuploading (this proved unnecessary in the grand scheme of things), testing each change along the way on the live site. The problem arises about halfway through assigning photos to the appropriate room in the "Rooms and spaces" section. Nearly EVERY change you make after this will reorder the bedrooms, sometimes other rooms too. I spent 2 HOURS (my activity log will prove it), making random changes until it FINALLY settled on the correct order (bedroom 1, 2, 3, bathroom, etc. with correct bed sizes). 

I'm happy to report my listing has maintained the correct order for more than a month now. The problem is, I can NEVER make another change to this section (I have threatened my co-hosts to never enter this area, lol). I wish I could tell you I identified some pattern or easy fix through all that trial and error, but the order it places the rooms is completely random. However, I can say that it will assign bedroom 1 to the first position < 5% of the time. 

Mind you, this is specifically addressing the order of the "Rooms and spaces" (backend) / "Where you'll sleep" (live site) part of the listing. Airbnb continues to randomly rearrange my photos in the "Photos" (backend) / mosaic layout (live site) section. I've given up on this issue. 

Good luck to others. If you find a few hours on your hands, you can try out my method and see if it works for you, too. Please share if you find a better fix, as obviously Airbnb doesn't recognize this as an issue so it won't go away anytime soon. 

P.S. One final thought: Tech Support's response suggests the heart of this issue arises from having photos of different orientations (landscape and portrait). Personally, I am not willing to delete all the portrait photos from my listing just to maintain the order I have set. I'm not convinced that having photos of only one orientation would fix the underlying issue, anyway.