Photos when guests leave

Judy29
Level 9
Brant, Canada

Photos when guests leave

I am now taking photos as soon as guests leave.  I have found that the young travellers are rude and entitled to do as they please.  Does this infringe on their privacy.  Can I legally do this without mentioning names.

Guests from last week have me thinking that in order to protect my reputation as a good and fair host, that I have started to take pictures of the accommodating guests quarters to review as need.  I will share them on line on my facebook page and airbnb community center.  There is absolutely no need for guests to think that I am their mother to pick up after them.  Certain things are always expected and I have no problems with unmade beds, or a few dishes to wash in the sink and certain dont expect the guests to do any linens (and prefer they dont) however this is what is happening now and now the need to take photos...every time!  Who are these people and why do I get them ALL THE TIME.  AIRBNB...WATCH OUT CAUSE IM REALLY DISAPPOINTED NOW WITH YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP.

. mirror pulled off of wall leaving broken mirror and damaged plaster (kids cutting coke)

.wallpaper ripped from wall (garbage bag and ductape to blacken room for sleep)

.All the beer cans left on the furniture, tables, floor (beer puddled on the broadloom)...rings left on wooden furniture

.cigarette holes in the new blankets and carpets (new flooring and NO smoking household)

.razor blade cuts on the new pine breakfast counter (cutting coke...again!)

.dozens and dozen of cigarette butts all over the lawn, front and back yard)...and this is an endangered forest or dry and brittle trees

.mud, food and grease on the broadloom even though there is a no shoe policy posted in three places

.bleach marks on the linens (please dont wash linens)

.steak knives used to anchor my expensive satin cotton linens into the walls to darken the room

.people smuggling pets into no pet accommodations

.people smuggling their friends in to crash on the floors

.bond fires set in the back yard on the lawn and cutting down trees for firewood (they also burned part of the fence)

.lock up the house when not there...duhhh you were not locked out...there is a lock box and I have texted you the code!

.close the doors or animals will come in....we are on the river and if you want to sleep with racoons, chipmunks, squirrels, rats etc...keep leaving the patio door open!

.complaints IN THEIR REVIEWS that there is no beach, cant see the river, and...too many trees (and I get a low accuracy score)...please!  READ the description and ....for those who cant read...LOOK at the pictures!  It is almost two acres of FOREST...210' frontage on the RIVER...not the BEACH! .

and I could go on and on

Airbnb is tired of my complaints...and does anyone wonder why?  Its all about the guests.  Airbnb has no shortage of hosts...need the guests no matter where they come from.

I raised my prices, have an age limit and no profil picture/no booking.  ...and Airbnb is telling me I cant do this.

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Judy

Airbnb has no skin in the game, they simply don't care and low and behold you're below the $100 per night threshold so you firmly in the cannon-fodder category or in other words you're expendable.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Jude

I checked your place, and it looks really nice!

Maybe you should raise your prices to get a better class of traveler? people that really apreciate your place?

Also, I notice that you charge the sme for 1 or 4 guests...

I would charge, even i a nominal 5 or 10 dollars per person - just to cover extra washing / towels, etc.