Please help: How can I display monthly rate only, without showing daily or short-term rate?

Mike144
Level 1
Saratoga, CA

Please help: How can I display monthly rate only, without showing daily or short-term rate?

6 Replies 6

Could you post a daily rate and set your minimum number of days to 1 month? Or if that is not acceptable, try only filling out the monthly price option and leave the daily and weekly one blank. I don't know if it will work. Most guests are accustomed to seeing daily rates. If you display a monthly price, it may cost you some bookings.

Of course it'll cost bookings!  Maybe you are not familiar with the restrictions that some cities are putting on vacation rental activity, limiting rentals to long term only, which means 30 days minimums.  Total bummer but is what is.  This site is not user friendly in this regard. I'm still not sure how to accomplish this.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

In brief, you can't as AirBnB was not set up to deal with long term rentals. You may be better off using other sites...

If all you want are monthly rentals, you have to price your "night" at Monthly price/30 days and provide the parameter that you only book for 30 days or more at a time.  This means that only people looking for 30 day or longer will even see your listing when they search. It doesn't "cost" you listings, it simplifies the  search for guests and focuses it to only those types of guests who are looking to book for 30 days or more.  

Thanks for all the answers, guys but I was asking HOW to logistically set up a 30 day minimum stay.  For anyone else looking to accomplish the same task, here is what you do:

Go to Your Listing and then click on Accessibility Settings at top right of page.  Then, Reservation Preferences, where you can alter the minimum number of days you requrie.  Under pricing, you can set custom monthly prices for each month or just establish a discount to your daily rate, even though no one will see your listing if they're wanting to book shorter than your established minimum.  

I've noticed that more and more hosts all over the country are requiring 30 day minimum stays due to imposed City regulations.  It's not ideal but it works just fine here or on other sites.  I just booked 3 months in Santa Fe.  No problem.  

Hi I still can’t figure out how it would display $xxxx a month on my listing, instead of $xxx a night when you look at the preview of my listing. I’ve seen other listings that display only a monthly rate on the listing preview. Airbnb is not user friendly at all! Navigating their site is a nightmare