*Please help*. Repeatedly extending stay without giving a review =losing Superhost status

Answered!
Michelle1530
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

*Please help*. Repeatedly extending stay without giving a review =losing Superhost status

Hi all

I have a very happy corporate guest and yet I’m being penalized by Airbnb.  My current guest has been booked and paid for by a 3rd party corporate host.  They have extended the reservation for over a year mostly month to month.  My guest is very happy.  She has not left reviews because she didn’t think it relevant as she hadn’t moved out of my apartment.   Nor did I  have any concern this will be a problem for me.  Again because the reservation has been extended and she hasn’t vacated. 

Simple logic to both of us.  

Well turns out it’s a big problem for me. 

I am losing my Superhost status because of  the lack of her reviews.  Though this reservation is over 350 days it’s only considered 2 and needs to be 3.  Huh?

I cannot figure out a way to address this with Airbnb support.  Repeatedly requested a supervisor to look at this and I’m told no.  

What?    Again this reservation extends over a year, big $,  a happy corporate guest.   Who didn’t see necessity nor care to engage on leaving reviews when logic dictates a further extension = happy excellent experience.

SF market is extremely competitive and full of limitations as a host.  My place must be rented for 30 days at a time.  The loss of Superhost status seriously undermines my success as it burries me in searches.  Lowering my chance to be viewed.  Requires an arbitrary number of 30 day stays each quarter.  Less views =less chances for success.

Im very afraid to fail. This is how I earn my $.

Support tells me...we can’t help you and no you cannot appeal or speak with a supervisor.

I was told a story by a support person about a host who graciously allowed a cancellation and then was penalized for doing it.  She also said nothing could be done to help them.  Rules are rules.   Wtf?   

I don’t know what to do.   The corporate office is here in SF.  I want to appeal the impending change of my status.

1 Best Answer
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michelle1530 

I can only suggest you visit the corporate office and ask to speak to someone in person.

I make the suggestion based on my own experience last year when unable to resolve a serious issue over the phone with CS. I visited London HQ and someone came to speak with me for 45 minutes. She grasped the issue and sent me down the right channel. The issue was duly resolved.

We're lucky in this respect in that we live in ciities with Airbnb hqs.

Best Wishes,

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Michelle1530
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Has anyone had a situation like this?  Can anyone offer suggestions or problem solving?  I’m really at a loss.  Feel very undermined and dismissed. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michelle1530 

I can only suggest you visit the corporate office and ask to speak to someone in person.

I make the suggestion based on my own experience last year when unable to resolve a serious issue over the phone with CS. I visited London HQ and someone came to speak with me for 45 minutes. She grasped the issue and sent me down the right channel. The issue was duly resolved.

We're lucky in this respect in that we live in ciities with Airbnb hqs.

Best Wishes,

Thank you for responding and encouraging me to ask for help in person.   I’m going to attempt this week.  Was so disheartened and discouraged by the insolence and indifference to my problem.  

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michelle1530 

Good luck... and please post the result.

Bruce278
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

This is crappy! I had my first rental and he came for 1 month and has stayed 3. I was hoping there was a resolve as he missed his review time as well. Guess I am out of luck too. He is prepared to have them contact him for a review, but it seems that I cannot put any info in my messages for that to happen.