Please help me review these guests.

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Please help me review these guests.

I am trying to write a polite, concise and strong review of these guests and would appreciate your input.  I have deliberately not included any background details (other than to clarify that they are not new to AirBnB, they have 3 positive reviews and that English is the first language of both of us) as I want to hear what hosts would think if they got a booking from these guests.  The review is still a work in progresss. Is my meaning clear?

Thank you.

"X and Y stayed at my home for four days.  We had different expectations of host/guest responsibilities and I believe they would be better suited to a hotel.

These two women generated a lot of rubbish (most of which was bagged).  Extra clean up and ventilation was required after they left.

I would suggest that hosts document everything before and after X’s stay in order to avoid any disputes.  Also, that care is taken to confirm that she has clearly read the listing and any house manual (X has a cat allergy.  She complained of cat hair.  My listing and several reviews mention the cat).

X was not satisfied with her stay but chose not to cut short the booking.  As she made me aware of this after she checked out, I had no opportunity to address any of her list of concerns - most of which could be sorted in seconds.

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I am not a native speaker of your tongue, @Terri38, but I would soften "These two women" - imho sounds a bit too harsh. The rest sounds constructive.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Second @Marzena4's comment, @Terri38.  Substitute "Guests" for that. Otherwise fine. (well, not for you)

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thank you @Marzena4 and @Sarah977.  I will change that.  I'm kind of hoping they don't get their review in on time.  Let's just say that I don't need Spidey Sense to know that based on their LONG reply to my "Dear X, I was disappointed that the room was..." message, it was not going to be a good one...

@Terri38

Agree with what @Marzena4 and @Sarah977 suggest about calling them "guests". 

I re-worded your review in my own style of writing..... hope this helps 🙂 

Guests X and Y stayed at my home for four days and based on my experience hosting them, it is my opinion they would be better suited to a hotel. They left behind several bags of rubbish and compared to other guests I have hosted in the past, the guest areas needed extra clean up and ventilation after they left. X complained of cat hair and said she was allergic although my listing and several review clearly states the presence of my cat. Other expectations voiced to me during their stay made it seem as if these guests did not read my listing description or house manual at all.  X expressed dissatisfaction but still chose to stay and not find alternate accomodations. After checking out, she sent a list of complaints/concerns  - many of which could have been sorted out in seconds during their stay if only they had been brought up earlier.