Please help

Asuman0
Level 1
Mugla, Turkey

Please help

Hi.i am a new host and my first booking was cancelled with my concent as it was a last minute booking.she cancelled half an hour after booking.the money was taken out of her account but i never recıeved the payment.now she needs to be refunded by air bnb.how do i go about making sure she is refuned by air bnb???please advıse.i dont know what to do!!!
2 Replies 2
Brit0
Level 2
Oppland, Norway

Dear Asuman,

I've had a similar experience (not a cancellation but a reduction in payment due to a special offer), and the person who booked was quite stressed because she didn't get her money back from AirBnB immediately. It took about a week before the money was returned. Your no-longer-guest should also be aware of that she will not get everything back, as AirBnB keeps their service fee.

Theresa16
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Don't worry, your guest will get the refund due. It might take 24 hours or more. I have been doing this for a year now, more than 70 bookings,  and people's plans change. The guest always gets the money back. It is not always good for the host. Check your airbnb cancellation policy. I have ''moderate'' but you can decide to choose ''strict''. When you get a request, before you accept it, take the time to ask a few questions so you know you and the guest understand each other. Don't do ''instant book'', not until you know what you are doing. Good luck, Theresa.