Police came due to argument late at night. Then $450 Vacuum Cleaner stolen at departure.

Answered!
Peter3411
Level 1
Bilambil Heights, Australia

Police came due to argument late at night. Then $450 Vacuum Cleaner stolen at departure.

Hi , 

I am a  new Host  to Airbnb  from January this year.

I am in NSW , Australia

I just had a  Guest leave and steal  the recently purchased $450 Dyson Stick Vacuum Cleaner. 

I will replace it with  a cheaper but efficient vacuum cleaner in the apartment , that may not be as appealing to steal.

The Guest also had Police at my Apartment during their stay due to excessive noise and yells for help. 

What  should myself as a Host do in this situation  ?

Regards

Peter

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Peter3411 

IMO It is difficult to proove the guest has taken ("stolen") the cleaning device.

You can make a claim and wait how the guest is responding:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/279/host-damage-protection

But be aware of getting a bad review from the guest if you file a claim.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Peter3411 

IMO It is difficult to proove the guest has taken ("stolen") the cleaning device.

You can make a claim and wait how the guest is responding:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/279/host-damage-protection

But be aware of getting a bad review from the guest if you file a claim.

Peter3411
Level 1
Bilambil Heights, Australia

Thankyou Emiel1 in Leeuwarden , Netherlands ,

I used your link you sent and did submit a claim. But not sure if Airbnb copy it word for word. But did use “taken” and possibly taken  by the ex partner who had visited and was reponsible for the police visiting.

I also spoke well of the person who may have also taken vacuum. But didn’t say it was her.

So far she hasn’t sent a bad review , nor have I made a review of her visit to my place.

thanyou for your tips.

Peter