Policy of Guest having guest and sleepovers

Patsy53
Level 2
Washington, NC

Policy of Guest having guest and sleepovers

HI I'm new to hosting Airbnb. I have excepted my first long term. Our airbnb is two large rooms and a bath converted into a combination kitchenette / living room, , a full bath and bedroom.. The gentleman arrives tomorrow.for 3 months, a younger med student. My question is what do I do and how should I respond if he has guest that spend the night. Our rules clearly stipulate no parties but how lenient  should we be pertaining to guest and sleep overs?  Thanks any information is greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your place looks really way put together. Well done.

Personally, I think it's always best for new hosts to only accept short term guests so they get some experience under their belts before taking on long term bookings @Patsy53 

What do your house rules say about guests on the premises who aren't part of the booking?

Many hosts would not allow overnight guests but may allow one or two day visitors for part of the day. Really depends on your set up and your house rules.

If you feel the guest is looking after the space and you get on you may on occasion allow an overnight guest.  Get the guest add them to the booking so you get paid for the second person and are covered by Airbnb .

Do install cctv if you are hosting remotely and declare on the listing. If you do this you need to let this guest know and give him the opportunity to cancel penalty free if he is not comfortable with it.