Pontential scam?

Pontential scam?

Hello everybody, I'm here for some advice about a reservation. My father has booked a flat in London for New Year ("instant" booking) by a host with no reviews (member since november 2016). I wanted to check the ad for the flat today but it seems the host has disabled it. My father has sent the host a message yesterday but the host didn't answer yet.

I'm afraid the host will pretend to have a problem with his flat just before our arrival and will ask us to cancel reservation (thus, without refund). It happened to me last time I booked an Airbnb.

Should I be worried or am I paranoid??

It would be really nice to get some advice about this situation! Thanks 🙂

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It;s hard to know - when you say the listing is disabled, what do you mean? Has it vanished completely, have the snoozed the listing, etc..

If you are concerned, then contact AirBnB. There are contact details on the email you received confirming the booking. 

Or contact them via Twitter for a quick response (search for AirBnB Help)

Thanks for your answer! I don't know exactly if the host has snoozed it or used another function, but when I'm trying to access the link I get a message that says "This listing is no longer available", so I can't see anything...

I will try to do so, thank you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Carole101

Call BNB  now (contact details 1st post in this forum). If this host has closed their listing then the good news is that BNB has your money.

Get BNB to check and if it is as your fear they should give you a voucher to use  against a new booking in addition to your money and help you find somewhere else.

Please do it ASAP as bookings are getting full over that period.

Do let us know how you get on.