Poor customer service and no transparency

Chloé36
Level 2
Spartanburg, SC

Poor customer service and no transparency

I am a super host. My account is under investigation. All my future reservations are cancelled. After 5 days and many calls, I did not get any meaningful response. The representatives either gave me wrong information or just told me that an agent will contact me soon (or within 2 hours). But so far I never receive any response from the agent who is working on the case. There was one representative even ended my call before I finish asking questions.

All my guests left good reviews, and my current guests have no problem with their stays. After researching on Internet and reading horrible experiences of many hosts, I don't even expect I will know the reason about this investigation. I just want this to be completed asap and I can take actions accordingly.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Chloé36 

It happened to other hosts, you will find them in this community

There must be something that triggered this.

Think about:

violations of Airbnb terms

violation of local laws

complaining neighbours

disputes with a guest

etc..

I agree  that must be something. However, there is a high possibility that I will never get to know the reason. I just watched this video today.  So I learned how Airbnb defines "Investigation".

The judge asked "How can an investigation be fully done by Airbnb without speaking to the host?"

If anyone don't want to watch the full recording, you can just fast forward to last 10 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIrFlISFC1w&t=1450s

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Chloé36,

I'm really sorry to hear about that.

I've sent you a direct message regarding your case. Would you please be able to check it at your earliest convenience?

Thanks,

Liv

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

So sorry @Chloé36 , that is so frustrating, disturbing and scary. It's unfathomable that you are basically told you've done something wrong, but will not be told what it is. Indeed, for all it's talk about transparency, trust, community and partnership, Airbnb falls very short of the mark. And as @Emiel1  alluded to, you are not alone. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Can-t-Trust-the-Trust-amp-Safety-Team/m-p/1232833

"We can’t tell you what you did wrong or how to fix it... just don’t do it again."  In this case, an 'investigation' that concluded without involving the host. I don't think the host ever did find out what the 'problem' was. I hope you get this resolved in your favor soon.