Possible Reservation Issues

Jacob473
Level 1
Tustin, CA

Possible Reservation Issues

I reserved a place and was looking to see the address once my reservation was confirmed. I checked my trips and saw an address. When I checked the address in google maps it looked nothing like the pictures on the listing. I asked the host about it and they said the address was actually for their office. I then asked for the address so I could plan adequate transportation to family homes I would be visiting. The host didn't give me the address and was very vague in answers then stated that they would meet us at a mall and we would have to follow them to the listing for checkin. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jacob473 

This is not a normal procedure.

At least one would expect to meet the host at the office, if the host is a property manager.

Best regards,

Emiel

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jacob473 It seems a bit odd. You might mention this to the host and tell them frankly it's making you uncomfortable and perhaps they could expand on the reason for this? Their reply may inform and reassure you, or cement your doubt. If at the end of the day you don't feel right about it, ask Airbnb to cancel for you, citing your discomfort with the host.

Incidentally, what are the reviews like for this host? Can you share a link to the property?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacob473   So sketchy.  It's the kind of thing hosts do when their Airbnb is illegal and they don't want to get caught by the neighbors. 

If you booked less than 48 hours ago you should be able to cancel for free.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jacob473  Very odd and scammy.  I'd cancel this booking if it were me.