Possible lockdown in uk

Claire1437
Level 1
Stansbatch, United Kingdom

Possible lockdown in uk

I have a strict cancellation policy but when we had the last lockdown all my guests were given a refund, what will happen this time if we go into lockdown next week as I am fully booked for all of November- I presume guests can re book or can they still request to get their money back. A guest arrives on Monday afternoon until Friday but what happens if we go into lockdown on Wednesday.

my place is totally separate from our home btw

2 Replies 2
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Who knows @Claire1437 ?? This is a host & guest forum, so there is a lot of opinion here, and fact, only as far as Airbnb releases a policy. I personally doubt they've given any thought to the specific situation in the UK, especially as we are currently still in the realms of ifs, buts & maybes!

It could be argued that any new lockdown is a very different situation from the first.... with the first lockdown, bookings made before 14 March were refunded, presumably because that is the arbitrary date before/after  which  guests could be expected to not know/know that booking was risky in a pandemic? - Whereas those who book now, or any time since 14 March should be aware that the pandemic/government could scupper their plans? Some would say, if you booked post 14 March for November, there was always a risk it wouldn't happen?

Here is the current extenuating circumstances policy, which of course MIGHT change at any time:

https://airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid19 

Alison219
Level 2
Macclesfield, United Kingdom

Although I offer a full refund on cancellations I'm interested to see if Airbnb waive their admin fee for bookings in the UK in November.