Posting a private guide book

Nancy1525
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

Posting a private guide book

I provide guests a detailed guide to the cottage. I don’t want this to be available until a week before their arrival. How do you create private guidebooks that non confirmed guests cannot see?

Thank you

Nancy

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You would have to do it using your own software (even a pdf would be fine posted to whatever sharing service you use) or a third-party guestbook-creation site, @Nancy1525 . You are allowed to send links to booked guests, so you could send the link to them a week before arrival, as you wish. 

There is no way to set your Airbnb guidebook to private. 

There is a good reason for that, though. A guidebook is about the area and helps guests decide whether your place is a good fit for what they want to do. 

Oh! Never mind, @Nancy1525 . I see aren't asking about a guidebook at all. It's your house manual that you want to keep private. Please ignore my advice!

I think, if you are talking house manual, you will want to keep your online house manual fairly sparse, and then fill in the details for the guests a week before arrival. In my case, I provide a written letter for arriving guests. They don't always tend to read what's online, even if sent to them directly. 

Marissa160
Level 10
Dallas, TX

@Nancy1525  I have a welcome book in a google docs drive. I send out the link three days before they arrive. I have a hard copy at my listing too.