Potential Fake email

Potential Fake email

Hello,I received an email from ( info.airbnb-bills@consultant.com) that looked like an Airbnb agent that wanted me to pay using bank transfer, because the Airbnb link of the apartment is not working.

I don't know if this email is real or fake, because I saw the list of the official domains and I did not found an email from that domain (@consultant.com).

How can I  be sure that this email is sent from really Airbnb?!

Please help me!

Thank You!

17 Replies 17
Paola720
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hi! 

You should not pay anything outside the Airbnb platform, paying through it is the only safe option. 

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

100% fake

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Scam

David
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

This is a well-known SCAM. it is not an Airbnb. Don't send any money to this criminal-  the place you are trying to book does not exist, the person will never communicate with you again, and you will never get your money back.

Paula805
Level 1
Bogotá, Colombia

I just received an email from  info.airbnb-bills@consultant.com). After asking for an explanation on a link that doest work. Be carefull

https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/283472View.  this is the aprtment they are trying to "rent"in Rome, Italy.

SCAM

Paula1002
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

I have also received and email from info.airbnb-bills@consultant.com. They were also saying the link didn’t work and that I had to pay through bank transfer. BIG SCAM 

Ok so their plan is
• Post an ad of the fake apartment somewhere.
In my case, it was in mioaffitto.it
The apartment was supposed to be in Verona, Italy.
• The victim asks to rent the apartment.
• "Hello, I am <FAKE ID>, the owner of this apartment. I am from <COUNTRY> and cannot come to show you the house, so we will have to do it through the airbnb platform."
They also sent me a legit ID (even though I didn't ask for it) of the person who they claim to be. In my case, it was Elche Larrañaga, a woman from Spain who just had her baby.
• Send the link that leads nowhere.
• The victim asks for explanation.
• "I don't know why it doesn't work, but since this is the case, we will do it using bank transfer" and info.airbnb-bills@consultant.com sends the bank account.
• The victim pays... and voilà!
• Oh and never speak with them again.

Trying to figure out any patterns in their lies, I would like to ask everybody who were emailed by these criminals:
Did they use the same <FAKE ID> and <COUNTRY> as with me?
What was the fake apartment's location?

It looks like Elche and her husband like to get it on because she is having complications with labor once again just 7 months later! Poor girl! They must also be very rich... they have an apartment in Siena, Italy as well. Beautiful family. 

Hi @Minas15 ,

I was emailed by them, country and name were the same. Did they send you an ID of, I suppose, the "real" Elche Larrañaga?

Yes they did

Hi, something really similar happened to me this month, January 2021.

The only difference is her surname Larranga.

Briefly, I fund a really nice apartment in Cremona (IT) in a renting platform Immob...

I left a message giving my mobile n, after few days her husband (no name, Spanish mobile number ending 809) contacted via WhatsApp with a brief description of apartment, he wrote also about the situation of her wife pregnancy.

few days after Elche sent an email with details on how to pay, deposit and some instructions and an Airbnb link (probably fake).

Quite suspicious... so it looks I'm not the only one under scam attempt 

@Minas15  @Lorenzo573 @Katherine641 

Yes Elche contacted me and she is still/again in labor unfortunately, and cannot show the apartment they own in Padova(IT). Wow, this wonderful family is seriously going at it! I guess their business is working out fine, for them to afford to rear this many children. Thanks for opening this thread, it definitively cleared all my doubts(shame though the apartment looked cozy).
Cheers.

@Stefano952  Thanks for the laugh 🙂

Same story, the apprtment in Pavia, Itlay, Fake ID of Rosa Maria a spansih woman and she is giving birth outside of Italy so she cant meet, the price and rental arrangment they suggested sounds too good to be true anyway.