Potential property manager scouting your place and giving you bad reviews

Potential property manager scouting your place and giving you bad reviews

Has anyone had a guest, who might be a potential property manager, booking your place last minute for one night to scout your place out? Then after check-out, the guest leaves you a bad review? 

4 Replies 4
Peter1757
Level 2
Iona, Canada

That’s a very interesting. So what you are suggesting is that somebody scouts out your place, gives you a bad review so that very few or no clients use your place and Instead  use their air BNB accommodation. Or are you suggesting that these people are real estate agents?

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. I am suggesting the former but not about deteriorating clientele but rather just to how my place is. As for the bad review, I am not completely sure what is behind that. I find that this situation is a bit odd because this person is from the surrounding area, about 10 minutes from my place.

Gilbert124
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Greetings.  This is amazing. If you notice from his previous reviews that he has visited many places within the same locality in a resent past, you have every reason to suspect such a person and not to accept his booking. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Kelly793 

He might represent the city ordinance, checking up on your compliance?