Pre approval blocking dates

Answered!
Graham329
Level 3
United Kingdom

Pre approval blocking dates

since coming back I am getting a number of enquires for pre approval and I have dome this twice and in both cases have clicked the box to block any further bookings for those dates. However it is allowing others to make a booking within the 24 hours which has caused great embarrassment to me and meant I have lost at least one booking. Is anyone else having this problem?

Graham

1 Best Answer

@Graham329   Why bother blocking calendar dates for an inquiry in the first place?  Guests who are serious about booking should just go ahead and book. It's not your problem when a more committal guest beats them to it.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

@Graham329   Why bother blocking calendar dates for an inquiry in the first place?  Guests who are serious about booking should just go ahead and book. It's not your problem when a more committal guest beats them to it.

Graham329
Level 3
United Kingdom

thank you it is a lesson learnt when I was trying to be helpful but I am still frustrated that the airbnb system did not work as it should, if the system allows you to click the box to block the dates for 24 hours when you pre approve it should duo what it says. Also not getting any response from airbnb support when they said they are escalating it up is not helpful. No more blocking dates

Kirk96
Level 1
Norton, MA

Graham, you are absolutely right - this feature should not be offered if it doesn't actually work. I just noticed now that it does not, so, in order to give my customer a little time to decide after my pre-approval, I turned off instant booking. Clearly, the company doesn't like it when you do that (they try hard to dissuade you), but this is very much their own fault.