Grand Junction, CO

Pre-approval

How do I know if my pre approval made it to someone that was interested

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sara606,

If you go to your reservations you'll see that the status of the reservation says something like "pre-approval sent".

When you pre-approve a potential guest they get a notification and / or an email signalling the pre-approval.

There's no read or delivery receipt sent to the host to indicate that the guest has actually read the pre-approval notification.

It's then completely up to the guest whether they book, send a message with further questions or simply ignore the pre-approval.

If they ignore it then you'll get a message 24 hours later saying that the pre-approval has expired.

Guests often shop around by enquiring from more than one host so they may get pre-approvals from several hosts.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Jenni81
Level 1
State College, PA

Hello!  

New to hosting and had a lady ask a question about my rental.  I responded right away with an answer.  I haven't heard back from her but I have gotten 2 emails from Airbnb saying I can pre-approve her and need to do that within 24 hours.  Am I missing where the lady asked for pre-approval to stay or does anyone that sends a email about the listing gets tossed into a pre-approval group?  I don't want to pre-approve her yet because I know nothing about her (no reviews, just joined 2019) and her guests at this time.  

Thanks in advance!

Jenni

@Jenni81  You don't have to either pre-approve or decline an Inquiry. As long as you respond within 24 hours with a return message, that is all that's required in order not to accrue penalties. Yes, you'll get those annoying missives from Airbnb to pre-approve, but you can just ignore them. They are just pressuring you to pre-approve because they want bookings to happen.

If it's a reservation Request, that's different- you do have to either Accept or Decline within 24 hours in order not to be dinged on Response rate.

So count yourself lucky when iffy guests send an Inquiry rather than a Request. You can message away with them until you feel you have enough information to make a decision.

Lenny70
Level 1
Decatur, GA

We pre-approved a request and in the process it asked if we wanted to block the dates and we said yes. However, when we review our listing the dates are not blocked. Is there something we need to do ourselves to block the dates?