Preparation time

Cathy224
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Preparation time

How do I indicate only one night after a booking for preparation time? This option does not seem available. It is either NONE, so there is no time to clean, or 1 night before AND after, meaning 2 nights. I just lost a booking for this reason. Airbnb had blocked 2 nights between bookings, so dates requested were no longer available.

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

@Amy2033  I was only in Merida once, like 50 years ago. I liked it. I know it's considered to be a good place to live.

@Amy2033 Yes, your minimum stay requirement would make it appear that the prep time block was blocking more than one night, depending on the dates of the individual bookings. 

I have a 3 night minimum. So if I had a guest checking out on the 1st, and another checking in on the 4th, the nights of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd would show as blocked, because no one could make a 3 night booking for those dates and me still have the one night prep time between bookings.

Hi @Sarrah977!

Question for you: if the gentleman decided to manually block the days, would airbnb still consider the manual blocked day as a prep day, or would he then end up missing a prep day AND the manual blocked day? THANKS

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amy2033  I did  figure out why they use that wording. (Which they should change because it's confusing. Most people would logically assume that blocks 2 nights in a row.)

Technically it does block one night after a booking and one night before. But what they fail to explain is that the "one night after" doubles as the "one night before".

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Till-and-Jutta0  The preparation time wording has been confusing hosts for years. There have been many lengthy threads about it.This seems like something the HAB could advise Airbnb to change, there is no good reason not to change the wording so it is clear, and it could be done today.

It needs to say " Block one night ( two, three) between bookings", not "One night before and after". That sounds, to virtually everyone, lime it would block 2 nights between bookings, not one.