Preparation time.

Cathy224
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Preparation time.

How do I indicate only one night after a booking for preparation time? This option does not seem available. It is either NONE, so there is no time to clean, or 1 night before AND after, meaning 2 nights. I just lost a booking for this reason. Airbnb had blocked 2 nights between bookings, so dates requested were no longer available.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

@Cathy224, hm. I took the "1 night before and after" to mean that a guest could not check in on the same day a guest checks out. For example, if a guest is checking out on Feb 1, the next day available to book is Feb 2. Are you saying if you choose "1 night before and after", then next day available to book is Feb 3?

Hm. Now that I look at the Community Guide about preparation time, that answers my question.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tutorials/Preparation-Time-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATE/m-...

They really need to have better settings for this. All some people need is to not have same-day check-ins and check-outs.

Exactly. I have someone who wanted to stay longer but had to check out on July 31 to accomodate the people coming August 2. My cleaning staff can not coming until the evening, so I can not have same day check-in/check-out. This seems obvious and a simple fix. I wonder why, usually so efficient Airbnb doesn't see this. Am I missing something?

@Cathy224 good question, I wonder the same thing